Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im fed up with my blade burning oil, built November 08.

I dont want to sell it and buy an R1 as i like it to much but i think Honda should help us all out.

I just woundered if any one would sign up to this thread and support me if i approached Watch Dog on BBC1.

Regards and thanks.

Michael.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Michael,

I would whole heartedly support this, manufacturers are taking far too many short cuts and liberties with the consumer, my blade uses approximately 750ml / 1000 miles, while were moaning the paint is very thin too!

Regards

Jason

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah,I'm in.I love the bike,but the oil issue really does bug me.I've spoken to two Honda mechanics and they have sort of palmed me off,saying stuff like its normal because its a basically a race bike with lights and that sort of thing.:thumbd:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oil wise my 09 is Ok but I'm in on the paint, tank scuffs far too easily just from my knees which I have never had on other bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if we're happy to speak of "other Forums" here but there are a number of Fireblade resources I frequent with participants from all corners of the globe, most have a numerous reports of oil consumption on 08 - 09 blades. Interestingly enough Honda and dealers response appears to differ depending on the location.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It did occure to me that perhaps i should be posting on other Forums.

I am in the UK.

I will have to start serching the interweb for other like minded peeps. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Local Honda dealers are advertising left over '08 blades for $7999 USD here in Dallas, that's $4000 off original retail. It's killing the used market on these bikes, you can't give away an '08. Used '07 blades are actaully commanding higher resale value than the '08s. I hope Honda has learned something from all this.

Kruz

·
Banned
17 Posts
Local Honda dealers are advertising left over '08 blades for $7999 USD here in Dallas, that's $4000 off original retail. It's killing the used market on these bikes, you can't give away an '08. Used '07 blades are actaully commanding higher resale value than the '08s. I hope Honda has learned something from all this.

Kruz
I picked up my 08 a few weeks ago for $6,983 from Southern Honda in Tennessee w/ a lifetime engine warranty. They now have them listed on their website for only $300 more at $7,283 and still include the lifetime engine warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
I know my 2 mates here are honda technicians,there were re-calls on 08's for hi oil consumption but apparently it's sorted on the 09, would that not be a route to inquire about?

I was thinking of buying one,but will give it till next year some time to see what happens, just my 2 cents worth.

[Ownership Thread]: Honda CBR 1000rr '09 fireblade - Page 6 - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community

several comments down in this link.
There were recalls in South Africa?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just sell your CBRs, get something else you feel measures up and let this be a lesson to never buy another Honda. Problem solved. :poke:

Or, if you insist, pick up an '08 at those low, low, prices (some have, despite the ramblings on the internet), the savings will buy a lot of oil.... :lmao:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just sell your CBRs, get something else you feel measures up and let this be a lesson to never buy another Honda. Problem solved. :poke:

Or, if you insist, pick up an '08 at those low, low, prices (some have, despite the ramblings on the internet), the savings will buy a lot of oil.... :lmao:
Found a brand new '08 for $6999 in Oklahoma, a couple hundred mile drive but well worth it . Yer right , the savings will buy a lot of oil, I'm waiting for the '09s to go on firesale. May not happen now that Honda has cut production.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts