Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made the first 4 modifications to the new blade.

The rear indicators are the same for all Honda models and unchanged for some years......did not like them.

Stock screen don't offer sufficient wind protection at speed imo.

The other two were done purely for cosmetic reasons

- Rear seat cowl (OE part)
- Higher bubble screen (OE part). Note the "cannopy" on the inside. There can be only 2 reasons for that - 1. To prevent instruments from getting burned by the sun (higher, darker and even the tinted stock screen can cause instrument cluster to burn as they act like a magnifier class) and 2. to fill up the bigger gap as a result of the higher bubble.
- Changed the rear indicators for smaller LED ones
- Passenger Foot pegs removed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Looks great mate :thumb:

Any chance you could PM me an idiots guide to removing the rear pegs. I really want to take them off but am kinda scared of pulling half my Blade to bits to do it.

Is it manageable as a spanner dunce, and how long does it take ??

Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to disappoint you but I have had 2 goes at it, then gave up and left it for Honda to do. As discussed in the removal of the foot pegs thread, I got as far as stripping the rear and loosening the pan in which the electronics are housed (including the fuse box removal to get to a bolt) but I know they had to remove the fuel tank in order to get the job done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Before you go and give the honda techs your money, take a good look at the bike, you said they had to remove the fuel tank to remove the rear pegs?? That just doesn't sound right. All you should have to do is remove the seat, remove passenger seat, remove rear plastic and you should be able to see where the pegs ar mounted onto the tail.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before you go and give the honda techs your money, take a good look at the bike, you said they had to remove the fuel tank to remove the rear pegs?? That just doesn't sound right. All you should have to do is remove the seat, remove passenger seat, remove rear plastic and you should be able to see where the pegs ar mounted onto the tail.
Agreed, that is how it should work........but alas it does not.

The plastic pan housing all the electronics prevents access to the bolts of the foot pegs and according to the techies, some bolts to release the said pan are located underneath the fuel tank.

Suppose you can follow the route as described elsewhere of bending the plastic pan back with force without removing the infamous bolts underneath the fuel tank but as an chargeble official job, Honda could not go there....and for the fear of breaking something in the process.

Crazy bike this..........had to remove the mirriors to replace the screen :rotfl:

·
Registered
64 Posts
by no means would you want to bend enything just to avoid taking another part off the bike, and doing it the proper way. Guess you just have to take off the tank and get into the guts of the bike then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I took my pegs off last night. It was a total pin in the ass. It took hours to do, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Just kept taking **** off until it was done.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
respect man.....no small task.

I gave up at the point where the pan could be lifted about an inch.....but still not enough to reach the bolts holding the pegs........still took me hours though, only to put it all back together with the pegs still in tact......what a waste:O

oh well at least they are removed now and I'm happy with the end result :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hear ya, my wife came into the garage last night and I told her I was not putting it back together until the pegs were off. I came back in at about 3:00am

·
Registered
39 Posts
respect man.....no small task.

I gave up at the point where the pan could be lifted about an inch.....but still not enough to reach the bolts holding the pegs........still took me hours though, only to put it all back together with the pegs still in tact......what a waste:O

oh well at least they are removed now and I'm happy with the end result :)
Oh by the way, I was having trouble lifting the tray about an inch as well. Then I discovered a screw under the fuse block that held it together with part of the undertail.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Stop posting pictures man, it is making me hate the rear pegs more !!

Once I get to 600 miles and the service is ready, I'm gonna see what I can negotiate for the dealer to get rid of them for me. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts