Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running my first pair of Pirelli SuperCorsa BSB s and they have given so much feel back to the front end that other tyres seemed to loose however I have found a peculiar issue in that my front tyre wear is occuring at a faster rate than the rear? There must be a simple explanation for this but I really can't think why this is the case?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm running my first pair of Pirelli SuperCorsa BSB s and they have given so much feel back to the front end that other tyres seemed to loose however I have found a peculiar issue in that my front tyre wear is occuring at a faster rate than the rear? There must be a simple explanation for this but I really can't think why this is the case?

Wearing in the centre or the sides?
Both sides wearing evenly?
My guess would be that having more confidence in the front is allowing you to work it much harder.
How many miles are you used to getting from your front and rear tyres?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately at the sides, it's fairly even on both sides allowing for roundabouts. I might be running it in a bit heavy on the front, perhaps a touch more maintenance throttle will help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed about 4k on a rear BT 016Rs, the front had some to go but I wanted to keep things even when switching to Pirellis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts