Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a hugger can anybody point me in the right direction. Pictures of different 1's would be nice.

Cheers

JonnY

·
Registered
207 Posts
already answered you in the other thread!

only option for the oem huggers is to find someone from europe, uk or aus to ship it to you.

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/mcstatic/en/product/accessoriesPDF/2008Range/CBR1000RRFireblade.pdf

David Silver Spares - Search By Part Number

get the part number from the pdf and enter it here

David Silver Spares - Search By Part Number

only other options are taylormade and hotbodies. I don't personally like either and have heard nothing good about the hotbodies so I would stay away from them.

Taylormade Accessories

Honda, 2008-09 CBR1000RR, Huggers, Hotbodies Racing

I really wanted the carbon fiber honda oem one, but for almost $400 I will keep the stock one. I actually like it better.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
puig also makes them, very good looking, but they only come in black and carbon.. the black ones are paintable..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Cheers Splatty

Is that the harris one in the photos?
Certainly is mate, identical to the Kingcarbon I think. I was just more comfortable buying off Harris performance.

I liked the look of the Puig, but it just didn't look big enough to protect the underbelly of my white baby.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Still ?

They didn't list one when I bought mine, but the guy told me they were about to. They obviously haven't got round to it for whatever reason.

Definitely sell them though mate :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just the thread I was hoping to find! I like the look of the harris hugger but would like to see a pic of the pyramid one to compare- I can't seem to find one.:rolleyes:

Splatty, does your hugger keep enough of the crud away from the undertray?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Splatty

Do u think you could take a side photo and a rear view photo so i can see how far back it goes and stuff think im going to get one of those seems to be the best 1 to get but i want to be sure.

TOP MAN i would appreciate it a great great great ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaate deal

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Jonathonv

I'll take some photos the weekend if you like mate. The forecast is pretty good, and it's usually getting dark still when I get home from work. I'll take one from all sides.

Fire

Take a look at the photos when I upload them. I think it will protect the colour coded underbelly piece. If you ride through water or in the wet, the plate and back still get messed up, but you're never gonna stop that.

I'll get some photos off another forum I use, a couple of guys have pictures of their bikes with a pyramid and skidmarx hugger. The guy who recommended the Harirs one to me said he compared it to the OEM Honda one at the Ally Pally show. He sais they were more or less the same size, I think the Honda one has vents in it that's all.

It's all down to the ridiculous price Honda charges :mad:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Looking at those photos, the Skidmarx appears marginally bigger/longer to me ?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Pyramid is vented too, with a choice of mesh colours

1 - 20 of 125 Posts