Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:idunno: :idunno: hi evry 1 i just recently bought an 08 fieblade ,, but there is a noise in the engine driving me crazy ,, i couldnt sleep the night thinking of it . and i heared some other fireblades with the same noise ?( so it's not just mine ) and not evry blade sound like this either but am sure it's not normal this is a video to show u how annoying is the sound .... and i didnt buy it from a dealer .. if any 1 could tell what to do i'll never forget the
favor,..thanks :idunno: :crying:
YouTube - 2008 CBR 1000RR with Yoshimura R77 Full system

vbrep_register("871057")

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I wish more tractors sounded like that :)

Reactions: jazzy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last time I am posting this. It is the crank and clutch basket, they are out of sync. If you don't believe me, put the bike in first gear and hold the front brake and put a little pressure on the clutch, the noise will go away as it will put pressure on the crank and clutch basket. I have had two brand new 08's and one rebuilt engine they all sound fine in the beginning, but all ended sounding like yours. But don't get to uptight about it, I have been riding mine for thousands of miles with the noise and power is fine and not burning any oil. I am going to get a 2010 with the stronger crank and see if it still happens. Before I get a lot posts on how your 08 doesn't do it and you have thousands of miles on your bike, let me have your bike for a day or two and I will have it whining like this guys bike. It happens when you ride hard and hit the gears. I know a lot of you guys ride fast, I've seen it on youtube, but you ride smooth. If you want your 08 to last, don't hit the gears hard at 10k and don't do 2nd gear clutch ups. The bottom line is I've done it to 3 engines, it is not by chance. Lucky I am an older guy who can afford this hobby and I like to ride the way I do, If the 2010 doesn't do it, I'll find another bike and leave this bike for the fast but smooth riders or the average street rider. Don't get me wrong I love the bike, great torque, ergo's and handling, it just needs some fine tuning so it can last like the 07's under any riding conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you very much duke rr8 it seems you are a wise rider with alot of experience .:thumb:
but what i have to do now ?? do i have to change the crank and the clutch basket ?? :O
thank u very much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last time I am posting this. It is the crank and clutch basket, they are out of sync. If you don't believe me, put the bike in first gear and hold the front brake and put a little pressure on the clutch, the noise will go away as it will put pressure on the crank and clutch basket. I have had two brand new 08's and one rebuilt engine they all sound fine in the beginning, but all ended sounding like yours. But don't get to uptight about it, I have been riding mine for thousands of miles with the noise and power is fine and not burning any oil. I am going to get a 2010 with the stronger crank and see if it still happens. Before I get a lot posts on how your 08 doesn't do it and you have thousands of miles on your bike, let me have your bike for a day or two and I will have it whining like this guys bike. It happens when you ride hard and hit the gears. I know a lot of you guys ride fast, I've seen it on youtube, but you ride smooth. If you want your 08 to last, don't hit the gears hard at 10k and don't do 2nd gear clutch ups. The bottom line is I've done it to 3 engines, it is not by chance. Lucky I am an older guy who can afford this hobby and I like to ride the way I do, If the 2010 doesn't do it, I'll find another bike and leave this bike for the fast but smooth riders or the average street rider. Don't get me wrong I love the bike, great torque, ergo's and handling, it just needs some fine tuning so it can last like the 07's under any riding conditions.
thank you very much duke rr8 it seems you are a wise rider with alot of experience .:thumb:
but what i have to do now ?? do i have to change the crank and the clutch basket ?? :O
thank u very much

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, when I had my engine rebuilt they but in a new crank, bearings and clutch basket. When I got the bike back, the sound was perfect no whining or tractor sound. I rode the bike easy for 1200 miles and everything was fine. But for me that got boring so I started riding it like a real race is supposed to be and the whine came back. However the whine is much less now than before. Yours has a pretty loud whine, if it is still under warranty take it to honda, they will should video the bike and send it into honda for approval. It's sounds like your a new rider if you get the engine done you should be fine for a very long time. The only thing I would caution you about is that when they pull your engine and put it back it will probably never be the same as the honda techs don't torque everything to spec. When I got mine back it had vibrations that it never had before. Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, when I had my engine rebuilt they but in a new crank, bearings and clutch basket. When I got the bike back, the sound was perfect no whining or tractor sound. I rode the bike easy for 1200 miles and everything was fine. But for me that got boring so I started riding it like a real race is supposed to be and the whine came back. However the whine is much less now than before. Yours has a pretty loud whine, if it is still under warranty take it to honda, they will should video the bike and send it into honda for approval. It's sounds like your a new rider if you get the engine done you should be fine for a very long time. The only thing I would caution you about is that when they pull your engine and put it back it will probably never be the same as the honda techs don't torque everything to spec. When I got mine back it had vibrations that it never had before. Good Luck
thank you very much man ,,but could u please tell me where did u buy the crank from ( i tried to find a new one but they all was used and i thought they will be propbly removed from whining bikes )
man thank you very much for your help and i'll never forget you this favor :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
most hondas have staright cut gears for the basket and crank gears there very noisey if you dont have a ton of metal on the magnet drain plug dont worry about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts