Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil and filter on my oil burning 08 Blade (10,000 kms) and was checking for leaks with the engine running when I felt pulses of exhaust gas from beneath the muffler. Crawled under the bike to see what was going on and was surprised to see what looks like a machined hole about 1/8th" diameter half way along the underside of the muffler. Am I alone or do they all have it? What's it for? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I changed the oil and filter on my oil burning 08 Blade (10,000 kms) and was checking for leaks with the engine running when I felt pulses of exhaust gas from beneath the muffler. Crawled under the bike to see what was going on and was surprised to see what looks like a machined hole about 1/8th" diameter half way along the underside of the muffler. Am I alone or do they all have it? What's it for? :confused:
I don't know about the '08 but it's common practise to have drain holes at the low point of the exhaust sytem.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Ah so that's where all the oil goes. Cheers Bladeracer.
Well, hopefully your aren't putting enough oil through the exhaust to warrant a drain hole for it...the drain hole is for precipitation that builds up in the bike's exhaust so that the water doesn't just sit in there and rust your pipes

·
Registered
329 Posts
no the hole is the engine oil overflow bypass!
seriously, checked it on mine, it is the same & it is most probably as blade racer suggested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts