Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in my dealers the other day to enquire about getting an Akrapovic full system and was told the prices went up 15 - 20% Feb 1st. Eeek!!!

So, got round to talking about the discoloration issues on the stock exhaust, and was told that Honda would be happy to swap mine for a new one, but the problem is, it would only be the same part.. I'm sure some of you have had this and thought,,, well what's the point is swapping if it's going to go again!!

Put this the the fitter who informed me he had recently had a chat with Honda about this issues and Honda will only update the part if they get enough complaint.

So Chaps, I would say the best way forwards is to keep getting your discoloured silencers replaced until Honda get to the bottom line and come up with a new finish..

·
Registered
399 Posts
The £/euro and £/$ rate is now just appauling,why not go for the slip on and try to ignore the down pipe discolouration.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Trouble is I think everybody is skint at the moment.

Can't see me getting to ride mine before the insurance is due for renewal mid March at this rate !!!

All I have bought is a Harris hugger for mine over the winter.

As for the exhaust, I don't mind the look of the original, but am not getting it changed under warranty until the replacement is a modified part. I registered an online complaint with Honda about it, so hopefully I count in the process of something being done about it.

Popping to my dealer Saturday for a cuppa and a chat ( and obviously a greasy breakfast ). Are the 09s on the showroom floor yet ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts