Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there fitted a throttle cable to an 08 blade and can give me some pointers before I go for it :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No, but I am curious why you would be doing it so soon?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich: did ya buy the HRC quick throttle or you replacing the OEM ones ?

Russ
I went with the oem ones as its mainly road use, its seems its around a 2 hour job to fit them, looking forward to that:hmm: good thing is i now know this bike inside out it takes me around 5 mins to strip the fairings:thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have just done this on the weekend. Hardest part was getting the lower butterfly cable out and then in.

Was easiest when working on the left side of the bike with a hand under the frame (working the underside of the butterfly attachment point), small screwdriver in the other hand, and good looking assistant holding the torch from above.

Wont be able to do it working from the top.

Fairings were off already, so have to strip down to underside of airbox etc - good couple hours work.

Adjust up the tensions on the cables, then check that the butterflies dont move with the handle bars turned either lock.

This model has the metal throttle housing where the threads are different sizes, so cant go in backwards which is pretty handy :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts