Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought my first litre bike I have been looking for all the info I can find,my search brought me here and a few others. Ok having said that I am writing this in hopes that someone can pull all this together for me and all who cares. First just how many flappers are there in the exhaust? I have seen as many as three, I will detail as follows. 1- the servo controll flapper, I will spend no time here as I think all know about this one. 2-spring flapper, this one I know little about but using a flashlite looking down the bottom of the large exhaust tube you can see it and it corosponds to a welded stud you can see from the backside, this one was refred to by a "Mod" thread as someone cut out the stud,welded the flapper and welded a washer and bolt to reseal the hole.3-there is refreance to third one that is not reachable by sight but is the same as number 2 and can be located by the same welded stud and use the same procedure.

Now today I saw a thread on 1000RR.net. It was refering to a vacum controll flapper,the vacume pod is in the front of the bike near the ram air tube and the spring and tube are in the ram air tube.the fix was remove vacume pod and diconnect and remove the spring and this will keep the flapper open, now wich damn flapper is this one work on ? is it in the exhaust or is there a flapper in the air box ??. so is there a oxegen sensor of any type on this bike and if so were is it?,I have heard there is not one and this system is a hybrid catalist muffler combination. Im sure ther is some one who can answer all this, pleas put it all in one thread for all to refrence. Thanks!!!:smilebig:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Want to get rid of the flappers? Do the flapper mod for the air intake (as detailed on 1000rr.net) and get a slip-on exhaust. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts