Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the yami dealer to check out the 09 R1...I think its uglier than mick jagger and It seemed pretty hefty too.It maybe an awesome bike but i couldnt own one.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I went to the yami dealer to check out the 09 R1...I think its uglier than mick jagger and It seemed pretty hefty too.It maybe an awesome bike but i couldnt own one.
:thumb: I agree...takes a lot of heat off the 08 blade styling doesn't it? The blade has grown on me since.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I wouldn't say no if someone gave me one, but it would definatly go trade it in for something else :D

I think between late 2003 and 2007 were the years for best looking bikes. The B1H 636 has the best looking front end.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think its not all about the way it looks, the performance seems to be there, that to me is number one, I was at the rock store this Sunday and there was a guy with one, we were listening to the way it sounded with a set of termis and man it sounded sweet, If i was in the market for a 4 banger I'd probably end up with the Yamaha over the new blade, I just cant get over the oil issue, Altho i think the new blade does look better than any other 4 banger out there, but next time i go dump my cash it will be between a RC8 or 1198s what can i say i love twins...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peformance is basically a non issue between these new bikes for the average joe.So style and reliability takes the cake for me.I might be with you on the twin thing.If i had the cash the aprillia would probly get it.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i feel the same way, don't care for the new bodies on yam and honda. if i was looking to drop a load of dough on something i think i'd rock the rc8 as well.. just too pretty to pass up..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to say I agree wholeheartedly; the new R1 is going to be an acquired taste. Those headlights just make it look, well...

I actually have been looking at an '00 R1 in Red/White/Black, to replace my '00 929RR in Red/White, and seeing that new R1, wow...

·
Registered
72 Posts
new r1 doesnt make good power.. just delivers it better.. i think its sick looking as soon as the exhaust huggers are gone and they made the front sfairing more efficient with the ram air in the head lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
some companies are improving the looks of their bikes like the 1198 and the streetfighter.

they are the best looking bikes i have ever seen, and they have the power to match, pity i don't have the coins

·
Registered
32 Posts
the only thing i dont like on the 09 r1 is the pipes but that can be changed,having previously owned a 99 r1 and loved every minute of riding it, still edges out the blades looks just .

·
Registered
111 Posts
I loved my 04 R1 (underseat exhausts), but never liked what Yamaha did with the rear end since 07 and the 09 bike has an even uglier rear in stock trim in my opinion. It's a lovely bike to ride, but gained weight over the previous model and needs the Akrapovic's to tidy up the rear. Having owned my 08 Blade for a few months now, I had my R1 for over fours years, the 09 R1 is noticeably bigger and heavier when I sit on them. It's a bike I think I might own one day, when they can be got for a more affordable price as they get a bit older.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts