Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a mention on the news here last night that the Presidential Campaign has just topped the $1 billion mark :eek:

Is that right????

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Perhaps if Al Gore or John Kerry had raised more money and been more effective the world would be a better place. It ain't for the money.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Better place in what sense?
Lets see, no war in Iraq so we'd be about a trillion dollars ahead. Hopefully no embrasure of deregulation to the point of economic collapse. No loss of US stature in the world. No nuclear weapons in Iran. No massive deficit spending. I could go on.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
And since you throw these points out you might as well explain why you stated them.

Some of them would have happened no matter what influence the US would have had or what action the US would have taken. Just more absurd statements..

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Wait, you really thing that Gore would have made up a bunch of phoney intelligence and attacked Iraq? And Bush did tout a "culture of ownership". Bush labeled Iran part of the axis of evil and invaded their neighbor; gee I wonder why they were so hot for nuclear weapons? Bush will go down in history as one of worst presidents in US history; and if you still like him then you'll be really lonely, even in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I never said I like him. You are making assumptions.

However, again, you neglect what really happened and imagine what could have happened. There is no way to ever find out.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
An unfortunate side effect of our form of Democracy. The Obama campaign has been especially good at raising money.
And spending it. What does that tell you about how fiscally responsible he is. he'll be good at raising money too; by raising taxes far what he has said he would.

·
Registered
226 Posts
And spending it. What does that tell you about how fiscally responsible he is. he'll be good at raising money too; by raising taxes far what he has said he would.
I guess you expect a presidential candidate not to raise money and not spend the money they do raise???

Im sure that if McCain could raise that amount of money he would be more than happy to spend it.

Also I dont know your financial status and won't pretend to, but if you make under 250k you will be getting a tax cut. He will raise money to pay for the debt or country is in by getting rid of the current loop holes in the system that coporations use to get out of paying taxes. If you think its better for Exxon to get a 4 billion tax break after making over 15 billion in profit in the first quarter, than for 90% of America to get a tax break and for large corporations to pay more I would beg to differ.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I guess you expect a presidential candidate not to raise money and not spend the money they do raise???

Im sure that if McCain could raise that amount of money he would be more than happy to spend it.

Also I dont know your financial status and won't pretend to, but if you make under 250k you will be getting a tax cut. He will raise money to pay for the debt or country is in by getting rid of the current loop holes in the system that coporations use to get out of paying taxes. If you think its better for Exxon to get a 4 billion tax break after making over 15 billion in profit in the first quarter, than for 90% of America to get a tax break and for large corporations to pay more I would beg to differ.
Obama that is for campaign reform? Doesn't seem to be campaign reform to me. Obama also changed how he was going to get funding; said it would be thois way and then changed to another.

You believe Obama? The guy that wants his records sealed until November 15th? The guy that won't answer to the court about his birth certifcate? I don't trust a word he says. He should be selling used cars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats funny because even the extreme right wing have seen his birth certificate and verifyed it. McCain wasnt born in America. Oh thats right McCain used campaign reform and obama didnt.........no they both used the same rules. McCains wife, the primary income earner, tried to keep her tax records secret. Palin refused to comply with an official court supena. Those sound like some honest people especially the one that doesnt want to talk about how many houses they own.

Again just attacks against the dems instead of saying what the Republicans will do because they dont have anything.

Watch this video and tell me McCain is a honest straight talker!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The birth certificate you are talking about was said to be legit by a company Obama worked for. The copy they posted and the copy posted were not the same. If he provided his birth certificate to them for verification, then it would be the same. Next, his grandmother has said he was born in Kenya, his sister said he was born in one hospital in HI, and Obama has said he was born in the other. Why the three stories? His step-father also renounced the US citizenship of Obama when he was a young age.

Lastly, Obama likes to redistribute wealth? Why are they one of the lowest charitable givers? Next, what about his half-brother?
Barack Obama's 'lost' brother found in Kenya - Telegraph
Lives in a shack on a dollar a month. I guess Obama can't give his half-brother a few bucks a month to live in a better place? I guess Obama likes to talk about redistribution of wealth but doesn't practice it himself. What a shock that is.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I guess Obama worked for the LA Times.........
Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

and Poltifact.com...............
PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

and factcheck.org
Factcheck.org: Born in the U.S.A. | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

along with many others that chose to tell the truth instead of spread rumors, I almost forgot you watch fox news.

And i guess since his father left him when he was 2 and has 8 different children by many differnt women Obama should support them all. And since you still dont get the meaning of spread the wealth around..... He doenst force his way in your house and take your money and give it to someone else like McCain would like you to believe. Companies just pay more tax and you get a tax cut and save money. McCain spreads the wealth to just in the opposite direction where companies get a tax cut and you and i get..........NOTHING......except healthcare thats worst than what we have now and more deregulation of the industries that we are bailing out. Bush is trying to push through a bill that would let powerplants polute the air, water, and soil more. And a bill that would allow more pollutants in our drinking water. If thats what you agree with than vote republican,

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
What is this you and I? He won't get a dime more out of me. In fact, I will get paid less so I have to pay less taxes. So if Obama is elected; less moeny to the IRS.

You don't think things through. Make the companies pay more and what do they do? They will riase prices. You will be paying for it. Obama won't cut the tax of anyone. His plans don't add up and will cost too much to actually do. He will need to raise taxes to pay for it.

Why has Obama not responded to the court order? he could end it real quick, but he doesn't want to too as he has too much to lose.

You might enjoy the Company of a cross between Marx and Stalin, but I don't.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts