Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to the local drag strip in Orlando about 3 times a year just for fun usually run 11.0 once did 10.9 and sometimes up to 11.2. Usually at about 130mph with almost a 2 sec 60' time. This is by the way completely stock 2000 Fireblade with only a slip on yosh. My roomate on the other hand runs the 600SS class he is at the track twice a week. He runs low 10's on his slammed and tweeked ZX6R. Just for kicks we traded bikes the other night. I ran 12.0 on his bike and he ran 10.59 at 132.88 with a 1.87 60'. This was his first time ever riding my bike. He claims he could get way lower with some practice maybe even high 9's. Just thought you guys might want toknow that these bikes are capable of being competitive at the drag strips with some practice. I was impressed.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
we went to the dragstrip a couple weeks ago, best I could do was 11.1. I had a friend whos really good at launching a bike (and he was 140lbs) give mine a shot and he ran a 10.8 his first try.

After that everybody wanted him to run thier bike, he got a GXSR1000 to run a 9.9.

It was a fun night none the less.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh forgot to add my friend is close to 200lb. This is probable why he can't get his 600 into the 9's like the smaller guys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
same here the best ive been (2002 954) is 10.80 at bout 130mph. let a friend ride it that knows what he's doing and got 10.34 @ 136 wow! of course he weighs bout 135 and can ride

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
to the org and good times although I think 9's might be asking a bit much

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think high nines MIGHT be possible with some engine work, but not otherwise. I had a 2000 929 with a full Micron Serpent and PCIII; it dynoed at just over 140 rwhp. With the front end strapped and the rear lowered via custom adjustable dogbone links, my 125-lb. buddy coaxed several 10.1x's out of that 929, the best being a 10.11 @ 139 mph. The weather sucked a$$, being summertime, at night, and over 90% humidity. Even in ideal conditions, I doubt a 9.9x would have been possible.

As I am just over 6' tall, and a none-too-svelte 215 in gear, I couldn't run 'in the teens' on that bike; my best was a 10.57.

BTW - it was in all likelihood that it was during my buddy's passes that the outer clutch basket on my 929 failed. At the time, a Honda R&D tech told me my bike was one of four in the country with reported failed outer baskets. Despite my full disclosure about the drag racing, Honda covered the replacement parts under warranty! - they said they would have done so anyway, but they were sure to tell me they appreciated my being 'forthright and helpful to them in diagnosing the cause of the failed parts'...try that with your Suzuki! Shortly afterwards, we had the famed clutch recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts