Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1 piece Dainese suit. I tried it on at the store and walked around for 10 minutes and sat on a few bikes. It was tight but everyone I know has expressed that a 1 piece suit should be tight. So much so that you can't stand up straight. Well, that was certainly the case. I couldn't stand up perfectly straight. It was tight, but I figured this must be the way it should be.

Well, I had the pleasure of a track day yesterday with the new suit. Unfortunately, I walked away with sore shoulders from the suit pulling them in and down. I also fealt the strain on my back when leaning forward. I fealt like I was working against the suit.

Surely, this means the suit is too small, correct? Or is this normal and can/should I expect for it to stretch more?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
tighter is better.. it will loosen up the more you wear it, i would suggest wearing it around the house and every bit you can, if it still seems too tight you might exchange it for the next size up

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I say suit is definately too tight, yes it should be tight but not to the point of pain in your shoulders from stretching when you tuck, I would get the next size up.:thumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
If your voice goes up by a couple of octaves then your leathers are def too tight.

Why not get them altered,try nine lives leathers in Guildford,highly recommended.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If your voice goes up by a couple of octaves then your leathers are def too tight.

Why not get them altered,try nine lives leathers in Guildford,highly recommended.
I couldn't agree more, I sold my suit because I sounded like I hadn't gone through puberty yet. Lets face it guys should'nt have camel toe LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
sounds toooo tight mate

I had made to measure suit from BKS last year and when I recieved it the quality was amazing but so tight in the legs the knee armour was like having my knee ina vice ! All sorted now but my point is you need to be comfy or you will be too stiff on the bike - not ideal for smooth transition on and off the bike in corners.

IMHO Dainese kit looks lovely but it's not right for all of us - so if you are partial to a pie maybe look elsewhere.

I found 54 Dainese not great for me but 54 from Hein Gericke fits like a glove (and half the price). I also trust the HG suit more than Dainese for a slide down the road having seen numerous trashed Dainese leathers at Almeria and HG suits scuffed but not ripped.

Shop around , get something that fits and dont be a fashion victim. You can out your Dainese on E-Bay easy the big brands aleays in demand.

You get what you pay for and my BKS made to measure are reassuringly weighty. Scott do some lovely leathers and are British too and will even make small changes to a standard spec suit on ordering F.O.C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts