Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking different PCIII USB maps for 1000RR and found out there seems to be quite a big difference between Euro and US default injection mappings. All US maps seem to make mixture quite much leaner than default between 6K and 10K while euro maps seem to add some fuel there. Check out the difference for example between 005 (Us Full Akra) and 503 (Euro Full Akra). "Map compare" shows this very clearly.

Any thoughts on this? Am I reading this correctly? Why is this? Exhaust gas regulations?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I think you are correct in that thought. The Euro CBRs always seem to make more juice than the ones here...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ccwilli3 said:
I think you are correct in that thought. The Euro CBRs always seem to make more juice than the ones here...
Here's the map difference (the Euro vs. US Akra Full System maps, Euro is green) and as can be seen the difference is quite big. The changes made to Euro map are pretty consistent with what the dyno operator commented today when my 1000RR was dynoed eg. "seems to run a little lean between 6 and 8 K".

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Exhaust emission laws are much "tighter" in the US (compared to EU), not to mention in Kalifornia.

If I remember right, they have had toubles with US noice levels too, with some euro bikes.

Those bikes carry more restrictive exhaust systems in the US. Too bad.

:crap: :crap: :crap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts