Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As those of you have removed your rear pegs know, the exhaust shield on the side mounts to the peg. You can make a quick and dirty bracket to allow you to keep the shield. I didn't have any aluminum stock around, so I used a piece of galvanized steel.

This was all done with a dremel, a drill, and a hand file. If I had some nifty shop tools, I'd make it look purdy. But, it isn't seen anyway.

Works great. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I drilled through the heat shield and put a screw in. I'm lazy. I find myself not wanting to work on my bikes as much as I used to. I'd rather just ride 'em. Of course rainy days such as today...................................

·
Registered
12 Posts
As those of you have removed your rear pegs know, the exhaust shield on the side mounts to the peg. You can make a quick and dirty bracket to allow you to keep the shield. I didn't have any aluminum stock around, so I used a piece of galvanized steel.

This was all done with a dremel, a drill, and a hand file. If I had some nifty shop tools, I'd make it look purdy. But, it isn't seen anyway.

Works great. :thumb:
Could you post up a pic, I want to do this mod too.

Ta muchly

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Could you post up a pic, I want to do this mod too.

Ta muchly
Considering the post is five years old it's unliklely but maybe somebody else can help you out :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Exactly where I'm at with my '06 Blade at the moment too, funnily enough... Just bought the single seat cowl and looking to dump the pegs. Guy on eBay sells nice looking replacement brackets but wants £14 plus postage. I want one but it's only a little bit of metal for all that money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts