Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I find this on a local board for sale for $4500 with a salvage title. The owner says he got full reimbursement from his insurance company and bought it back with the salvage title. Other than the pics I don't know much else. It's local so I can inspect it if I'm interested. Since I would be buying it as a track bike the title is not an issue...what do you think? :idunno:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks like a pretty minor bingle. Would make an awesome trackbike, or you could always just fix it up and make money on it! Either that, or strip it down and part it and you could still make a shitload surely!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It looks like mostly cosmetic damage, but the weld on the swingarm looks pretty ground down. The price seems right...

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heavy-Dee said:
Looks like it was looped. I'm w/ Booth. Have someone go over it and make sure the frame is still straight.

HD
I thought it looked like it was looped, too. Pretty minor looking damage for a looped bike. I'm planning on checking it out closer...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Id do it in a nano--sec all the biffs are replaceable w/race plastic--the swing arm wouldnt bother me at all. w/Ohlins all they way around/pipe/rearsets/ you would have a hell of a bike for under $10K--I am patiently waiting for such as deal myself :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Red Rider said:
So I find this on a local board for sale for $4500 with a salvage title. The owner says he got full reimbursement from his insurance company and bought it back with the salvage title. Other than the pics I don't know much else. It's local so I can inspect it if I'm interested. Since I would be buying it as a track bike the title is not an issue...what do you think? :idunno:
If you dont buy I WANT IT.. I am near detwit too.. Let me KNOW ASAP

No track for me but I will make it streetable again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts