Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my first 1000RR (red/black) at Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC as it was being prepped for delivery. Selling price was $9,998 plus TTL and a small doc. fee ... but no freight and set-up charges. OTD for a NC buyer would be around $10,400. I don't currently own a Honda, but I thought I'd pass the good word along. It was their first 1000RR to come in, but more are on the way.
Sport Cycles had a record month in March, selling 190 bikes including about 20 GSX-R1000's. If you contact them, tell them William the sports writer referred you.
By the way, rocking the 1000RR side to side from the saddle, you can really feel the additional 30 pounds over the ZX-10R which was also in stock. My initial impression of the 1000RR was a slightly longer RC51. I also thought the matte finish lowers looked a lot better in person than in photos. Any way you slice it, it's a great time to be into literbikes. The golden age is here and it can only get better (barring any dreaded government interference).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Now that the hp #'s, weights, 1/4 mile times, and lap times are out, no doubt there will be 1000RRs in dealers fpr significantly less than retail. Mark my words, by mid-Summer you'll be able to take one home for less than $10K out the door (may mid $9K). The R1s and ZX-10s will be in higher demand and therefore command a higher price. If you still want a 1000RR, don't make the mistake of buying one now, wait 3 months and get it for a bargain price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
Motorhead said:
By the way, rocking the 1000RR side to side from the saddle, you can really feel the additional 30 pounds over the ZX-10R which was also in stock.

Do you ride your bikes or just sit on them? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I hope I can get a similar deal if I decide to go with the cbr1000. Sadly, my 954 was just purchased--I loved that bike!

Can't decide between the new porker 1000rr or a '05 GSXR1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
Mako said:
I hope I can get a similar deal if I decide to go with the cbr1000. Sadly, my 954 was just purchased--I loved that bike!

Can't decide between the new porker 1000rr or a '05 GSXR1000.
:huh: Your SIG states your 'BIKE' is an 04 CBR1000. What gives? Oh wow! I guess thats what I get for reading 'similar threads' and not noting the date of post was over a month ago. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Motorhead said:
Saw my first 1000RR (red/black) at Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC as it was being prepped for delivery. Selling price was $9,998 plus TTL and a small doc. fee ... but no freight and set-up charges. OTD for a NC buyer would be around $10,400. I don't currently own a Honda, but I thought I'd pass the good word along. It was their first 1000RR to come in, but more are on the way.
Sport Cycles had a record month in March, selling 190 bikes including about 20 GSX-R1000's. If you contact them, tell them William the sports writer referred you.
By the way, rocking the 1000RR side to side from the saddle, you can really feel the additional 30 pounds over the ZX-10R which was also in stock. My initial impression of the 1000RR was a slightly longer RC51. I also thought the matte finish lowers looked a lot better in person than in photos. Any way you slice it, it's a great time to be into literbikes. The golden age is here and it can only get better (barring any dreaded government interference).

cool beans...the Honda shop here in Raleigh just got 2 black ones last week...I didn't even inquire about the price b/c I knew they weren't gonna budge one bit....Fox Cycles in Roxboro, NC are letting 10Rs out the door for $10,400-$10,500 as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Motorhead said:
...I also thought the matte finish lowers looked a lot better in person than in photos...
You know, I thought the exact same thing when I fianlly saw my first one at the local dealer. It was the red/grey model. I liked it in pictures, but I must say it looks quite better in person. I thought the overall finish/quality of the bike seemed very sharp :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
shenandoah honda in winchester is selling at $10,236 tax/title/tags - ask for Dave - tell him Sean Wagner sent u. He was ZERO hassle, plus gave me an option of a 4 year extention warranty for $500 or a 3yr for $400 - so i asked him if he'd do the 4 year at $450 - he did!
(540) 678-8500

Very cool guy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
hiside said:
Now that the hp #'s, weights, 1/4 mile times, and lap times are out, no doubt there will be 1000RRs in dealers fpr significantly less than retail. Mark my words, by mid-Summer you'll be able to take one home for less than $10K out the door (may mid $9K). The R1s and ZX-10s will be in higher demand and therefore command a higher price. If you still want a 1000RR, don't make the mistake of buying one now, wait 3 months and get it for a bargain price.
I DISAGREE!!!! IF YOU WANT IT, GO GET IT ! YOU COULD DIE TOMORROW!!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top