Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago i fitted the 1000rr forks i had to my 929.
The procces is very simple,everything fitted great,inlcuding the front fender,something i wasnt expecting!
I retained the 330mm rotors,so i made custom 10mm spacers on the lathe to fit the 1000rr calipers.I am using the 929 master cylinder ( i also have the 1000rr but it hits the gauges a litle when full left...i might give it a try) and i had to use 1000rr brake lines since the 929 where short (the calipers sit a litle lower than the stock)....Overal,the braking power is great...1 finger endos!

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
A few days ago i fitted the 1000rr forks i had to my 929.
The procces is very simple,everything fitted great,inlcuding the front fender,something i wasnt expecting!
I retained the 330mm rotors,so i made custom 10mm spacers on the lathe to fit the 1000rr calipers.I am using the 929 master cylinder ( i also have the 1000rr but it hits the gauges a litle when full left...i might give it a try) and i had to use 1000rr brake lines since the 929 where short (the calipers sit a litle lower than the stock)....Overal,the braking power is great...1 finger endos!
Nice one mate,
ive done the same on my 929 but used GSXR 1000K6 forks, same process as you with the spacer,calipers ect as i too retained my 330mm rotors and 929 wheel i had to get longer brake lines as the calipers do sit lower. I too find the braking power great. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
does anyone have a good write up or info as to what is all required to upgrade my 929 with new forks n brakes....

im looking into doing a similar setup on my 01 929

·
Registered
296 Posts
does anyone have a good write up or info as to what is all required to upgrade my 929 with new forks n brakes....

im looking into doing a similar setup on my 01 929

What kind of forks are you looking at aftermarket/another model bike??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mmmm 1000RR forks are shorter than 929 one ... sure that all is ok ?

I mount 1000RR footpeg on 929 forks, so the frame quotas are still the
same ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was looking into swappin my stock 929 forks with ones from a newer year fireblade.. I was trying to find some writeupsor more info on upgradding my 929 wit newer brakes n forks n what not...

Thanks for all ur help guys...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1000rr forks are shortem by...i think 5mm .....so there realy isnt a difference.I havent noticed anything.The swap is realy straight forward.You just need the forks,calipers and break lines.Now depending on whether you will keep your 330mm rotors or use the 1000rr (320/310) you will need custom spacers.If you use the 330mm you will need 10mm spacers.If you use the 310 you dont need any,and if you use the 320 (04-05 had 310,06-07 320) you just need the stock spacers.Everythinh else (triple clamps,axles,wheel...even fender) just bolts up like stock...if you need something i havent explained,please ask.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1000rr forks are shortem by...i think 5mm .....so there realy isnt a difference.I havent noticed anything.The swap is realy straight forward.You just need the forks,calipers and break lines.Now depending on whether you will keep your 330mm rotors or use the 1000rr (320/310) you will need custom spacers.If you use the 330mm you will need 10mm spacers.If you use the 310 you dont need any,and if you use the 320 (04-05 had 310,06-07 320) you just need the stock spacers.Everythinh else (triple clamps,axles,wheel...even fender) just bolts up like stock...if you need something i havent explained,please ask.

Thanks yea that's exaclty what i was looking Into..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts