Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
yep, gotta buy rearsets with the setup for it.... i am thinking of doing this myself.. anyone else use it?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I saw on YoYOdyne's web page that they have just the linkage for the 600rr, proabably won't work on the 1000rr but might be worth a call. The linkage is only 100.00

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok..well i'll have to see who has the best price on rearsets..lol,I have a 929 but this will be my last year on it and I love the reverse shift I have now! It's so much better tapping down in the curves! :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've already had a set of Vortex & Rizoma rearsets on my 1000RR. I replaced the Vortex rearsets after dragging the footpeg & brake lever several times at a trackday. I'm replacing the Rizoma rearsets after dragging the linkage (at the pivot point) a bunch of times at a trackday yesterday (I just got them yesterday morning :thumbd: ). The pegs don't seem to go up too much on the Rizoma rearsets, either.

I'm planning on getting the Sato rearsets now. They seem to be at the top for build quality as well as being well thought out in design. They look like the pivot point will be tucked in closer to the bike and the rearsets can be set 10mm, 20mm, or 30mm up from stock.

I'm also planning on getting the suspension upgraded (& raised) in a couple weeks.

linkage

Rizoma

Vortex

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok,thanks for the input..you guys have been a great help!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
looks like a set of Sato's are in my future.

·
Registered
777 Posts
garbau said:
I've already had a set of Vortex & Rizoma rearsets on my 1000RR. I replaced the Vortex rearsets after dragging the footpeg & brake lever several times at a trackday. I'm replacing the Rizoma rearsets after dragging the linkage (at the pivot point) a bunch of times at a trackday yesterday (I just got them yesterday morning :thumbd: ). The pegs don't seem to go up too much on the Rizoma rearsets, either.

I'm planning on getting the Sato rearsets now. They seem to be at the top for build quality as well as being well thought out in design. They look like the pivot point will be tucked in closer to the bike and the rearsets can be set 10mm, 20mm, or 30mm up from stock.

I'm also planning on getting the suspension upgraded (& raised) in a couple weeks.

linkage

Rizoma

Vortex
Not casting stones but you might try getting off the bike a little more to offset the clearance issues. It helped me when I had lower fairing issues due to dragging.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Diesel954 said:
Not casting stones but you might try getting off the bike a little more to offset the clearance issues. It helped me when I had lower fairing issues due to dragging.
I've been trying to get off farther, but apparently not far enough yet.

Recent pics:

pic 1
pic 2

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
garbau said:
I am no expert but from looking at your pics, you actually could get off the bike more and stand the bike up a bit more in the process.

·
Registered
63 Posts
garbau said:

Recent pics:

pic 1
pic 2
I think the problem is not having upper and lower body in alignment. Move your head and shoulders to the mirror and you won't have to lean bike over as much.

And how did you like the leathers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nemisis said:
I think the problem is not having upper and lower body in alignment. Move your head and shoulders to the mirror and you won't have to lean bike over as much.

And how did you like the leathers.
I'm still working on getting over farther as well as better body position. I've come a long way in a very short time, and still getting pointers & making adjustments.

The suit:
The external plastic kneepads scuff the hell out of the tank; not much ventilation; pretty comfortable, though.

I got the suit really cheap on eBay. If I had to pay 'regular price,' I'd get something else, like the SMX-2 or a MotoGP kangaroo suit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts