Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Repsol 1000rr..... Stock exhaust....
I want to add a slip-on...
What is the loudest sounding slip-on out there?
Someone told me it was a SATO S/O ---- But I could be wrong.....
Also -- Opinions --- Round or Oval can?
tim

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Just remove the stock one and don't replace it with anything. That'll make it loud... and it'll give you 15 HP.:p :beatup: :lmao:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I put a REMUS slip on,took the baffle pipe out and it sounds :evilaugh: sweet,maybe not the loudest but people you can hear you coming.Stock might be loudest but :thumbd: not the best sounding that is for sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 05 Repsol 1000rr..... Stock exhaust....
I want to add a slip-on...
What is the loudest sounding slip-on out there?
Someone told me it was a SATO S/O ---- But I could be wrong.....
Also -- Opinions --- Round or Oval can?
tim
Oh No! you want it to sound like a harley with straight pipes?? LOL ..Louder is not better...take your stock can and gut it and shorten it ...there are many choices and some make false HP claims ...try youtube.com and see if there are any sound bits for aftermarket cans on 1000RR models....I have heard 1 in person it was a jardine ,sounded good at low speed but screamed when you get up in the rpms.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh No! you want it to sound like a harley with straight pipes?? LOL ..Louder is not better...take your stock can and gut it and shorten it ...there are many choices and some make false HP claims ...try youtube.com and see if there are any sound bits for aftermarket cans on 1000RR models....I have heard 1 in person it was a jardine ,sounded good at low speed but screamed when you get up in the rpms.
My friends jardine sounds bada$$. I was looking for a jardine for my 929 afterthat but after hearing on on my friends 929 it wasnt loud enough. But it may have been a street core instead of the race core. He doesnt know His girlfriend bought it for him. (must be nice)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Whichever exhaust setups Phobe and Jetbdude had at Grattan sounded fantastic. They weren't too loud at low rpm's.. I think it would be a livable system for the street.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts