Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if i could upsize to 200mm from 190 for my 2012 rr? has anyone done this or think a bad idea? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
prob dumb question, but i was able to upsize from OEM on my drz400sm from 140 to 150mm. Wondering if could do the same for my 2012 rr? Possibly a 200mm?

200 should fit fine.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The come from the factory with a 190 do they not? So I could not imagine why the 200 would not fit it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, 190 from factory....I think it would be fine. I had a yamaha raider that came with a 210 and i put the big 240 on there. it gave it a rounder profile, not as flat cause rim didnt get wider. that was obvious, but when i went from 140 to 150 on supermoto, it just looked a little bigger but fine. tire is lasting longer too for some reason.

I think the 200 will fit and not rub, but not sure if bad idea cause these bikes are so well engineered? i have a 2012...my buddy put a 190 from 180 on his r6 and it seems fine? i dont know...i always like a bigger tire. thanks! wondering if anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Just because it is engineered well, doesnt mean a little change like that cant make it better.

It all comes down to personal preference. Some people like the feel of the 190s over the 180s. The bike will turn in differently from something like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont think it´s a good idea. Your bike will have problem with cornering. You´ll need more power to corner. Anyway if you only ride straight way, it´s ok :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference. Some people like the feel of the 190s over the 180s. The bike will turn in differently from something like that.
Depends on the profile. A 190/55 is a fast turning tyre, whereas the 190/50 is a lot flatter in profile.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Had a 200/50/17 on my rear when I got it. Never again lol It wasn't to my liking. I could feel the footprint running out of square inches in the corners ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oooh, that's good stuff y'all...thanks. I'm inclined to try it if it won't rub, cause tires don't last long anyway and prob not too much difference, but if it gets scetchy in the corners and possibly causes me to not make a turn or slide out or something, then not worth it. I would've need to analyze the profile of 200 once mounted on rim or before somehow, cause if too flat on sides or and footprint narrows in corners, etc. then performance decline...man prob not worth it. Man I just like that wide rear. The 190 is wide too. Have to keep investigating....thanks for all input guys!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like the pilot powers are real flat profile and the Dunlop q2 real round profile....might depend on which brand I choose? I just want that 200 lol!! That's just me I guess? I think it would be okay? I'm not extreme rider, so I'm not pushing to the limit. That bike could do some amazing stuff with prof rider! I just love it...makes me look like better rider cause easy to ride......thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Depends on the profile. A 190/55 is a fast turning tyre, whereas the 190/50 is a lot flatter in profile.

Thing with that picture, as much as it shows the tires true profile.

Put the 190/50 on to the same 5.5 wheel that the 180/55 was, and it changes the profile even more still.

Thats what that doesnt show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts