Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it bolts right up? If so, what else would I need beside the swingarm and hardware. I have a chrome swingarm on now but I want a 07 RR powder coated to match the frame but I want to keep my rear wheel.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It is possible but it's not going to bolt up.
It's also longer than the 929/954 swingarm and I think heavier.
I have an '06 arm I was going to put on my 929.
You can use the same wheel with whatever swingarm you use though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is possible but it's not going to bolt up.
It's also longer than the 929/954 swingarm and I think heavier.
I have an '06 arm I was going to put on my 929.
You can use the same wheel with whatever swingarm you use though.
If you put the 06 on your 929 it should fit the 954 as well? How much longer is the 1000RR than the 954?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I didn't put it on though :)
Once I looked at it and weighed it I decided it wasn't going to be worth making the effort to fit it.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I don't know because I haven't had my 929 arm off the bike for comparison but it certainly isn't light.
I assume it's particularly strong due to the 1000RR setup of both ends of the shock being attached to the swingarm rather than to the frame. All the swingarm loading is contained by the swingarm rather than distributed to the frame. I could probably weigh it for you if you can weigh a 929 or 954 swingarm for comparison.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know because I haven't had my 929 arm off the bike for comparison but it certainly isn't light.
I assume it's particularly strong due to the 1000RR setup of both ends of the shock being attached to the swingarm rather than to the frame. All the swingarm loading is contained by the swingarm rather than distributed to the frame. I could probably weigh it for you if you can weigh a 929 or 954 swingarm for comparison.
I was really just curious. Im not too concerned with the weight because I just ride the streets. Im more concerned (if it evens fits with no modifications) about the legnth because I just put a new chain on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts