Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know how fast anyone has got their 1000RR up to? I've only got 350mi on mine so I haven't been able to open it up yet.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Sport1000RR said:
I just wanted to know how fast anyone has got their 1000RR up to? I've only got 350mi on mine so I haven't been able to open it up yet.

Break-in period is only 300 miles. Get your gear on and clear a path.

145 so far for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
freq said:
Break-in period is only 300 miles. Get your gear on and clear a path.
Really? I have never owned a new bike, but I always thought breakin's were at least 600 miles. :hmm:

·
Registered
108 Posts
High 130s, low 140s here; it is pretty easy to burst up to these speeds in short spaces. Really hard to open it up more than that anywhere--too much of a commitment to the speed.

I have a track day at the end of the month on the big AMA track at California Speedway in Fontana, CA, and it is still hard to hit more than about 140-150 on the straight, right before the turn 1 chicane. I am sure a pro could hit 165, but that is about it as the straight is not that long.

Few places are like Daytona, with sustained high-speed areas.

Public roads obvously have there limitations as well: speed limits; cops; pedestrians; other vehicles; animals; and uncertain visibility and road surfaces.

180 or so is a long way up to slow down from in a hurry!

·
Registered
208 Posts
At the recent Bladeblast here in Sydney I hit 280 km/h on the straight ( that is around 175mph )......seemed to be a bit more to come !!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would assume that it would be competitive with the GSX-R1000. The GSX-R hits 186m/h(300km/h) in 5th gear with a grand or so to spare. I think that the 1000RR would at least hit the 300km/h speed limiter.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Article in the newest Sport Rider has the speed rated at 175 mph.
Thats with a radar gun, not indicated. :clap: Might be 182 or so on the screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hit 165MPH on the Adirondack Northway while I was up at Americade. Still had more to go but it get's scary at those speeds. BTW, I got to spend a lot of seat time on a buddy's GSXR-1000 (with slip on and PCIII). His bike felt a bit faster to about 100mph but the 1000rr definitely felt faster up top and I confirmed this when we did a roll-on at 50mph. The 1000rr is no slouch. :smilebig:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tank69 said:
MPH???? :huh: The RR is rated in MACH, not MPH. :eyebrows: Geez, get with the program! :rolleyes: :rotfl:
I have hit an indicated 165 mph (266 kph) indicated which is roughly 0.223 Mach, depending on atmospheric conditions. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm....could be....

But.............................

I just (two hours ago) had a good friend of mine in a Crown Vic with a radar gun handy shoot me at a sustained indicated 100 mph, and his reading was 99 mph.

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would accept maybe as high as a 4 to 5 % margin of overall error. And that is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Bacchus said:
If that image is of an uncorrected speedometer, that figure could be high by as much as 10-12%...
I'm gonna hafta say that's on a dyno. Unless of course he had enough time to hop off the bike, take a sideview closeup and hop back on to slam on the brakes to slow down for that quick lefthander

1 - 20 of 35 Posts