Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike is friggin Awesome

Mods:HRC(Dan confrimed its HRC) Link, Ohlins rear, and Ohlins forks revalve,15T(-1) countershaft sprocket, 195X70X17 rear slick, 120X70 front-

1) Power delivery is Hella-Smooth
2) Need to Muscle a tad initiating a corner---not sure if its the dampner, swingarm length--but very work able--just add a tad more muscle
3) You can get on the power hella-early--I was smoking my buddy on the GSXR1 coming out of T5, T2 at Laguna Seca --he waas slightly faster---when I was on the 929 (we were running low 1:39s (at Laguna--top AFM guys were running 1:35s)
4) In a straight out drag, the 1000RR is dead even with an 03 GSXR1 with a full system and PC(my RR) motor is bone stock
5) THe pegs drag around ever corner, picked up some Satos from Dan yesterday afternoon--after that no dragging
6) I am a firm beliver in mass centralization--bike is hella-neutral even in a slide
7) Brakes are awesome --10X better than my buddies GSXR1 w/a Brembo masterand Perfromance Friction pads
8) Needs stiff ass forks springs--Dan replaced the stock (0.90s) with 1.0s and I still prolly need 1.05s to 1.1s (I weigh 220lbs)--somethin bout the RR being very front end weighted
9) Ken Hill, the guy that came in 11th in the 2nd Sears Point AMA race on the Dan Kyle sponsored GSXR1, rode it to check out the HRC(Dan confrimed its HRC) Link, Ohlins rear, and Ohlins forks revalve---he loved it. Interesting enough, Ken used to have a Kawi dealership and sold it a few weeks ago, and then shows up at the track with his own personal 1000RR---hehehehehe go figure--we concurred that this bike is awesome
10) It eats tires faster than the 929, but thats the price you pay for being able to get on the throtle hella-early/hard
10.5) Show me the $$$$--dropped a second off lap times from best ever on the 929---BUT--this was hella-dragging pegs thur all corners and slightly concerned about 45mm of sag---so getting used to the bike, I will be surprised if I cant drop at least 5 seconds form the 929 best lap times

11) and most importantly---the cell phone still hasnt melted in the trunk :eek:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
hella sweet

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Soo...when you gonna let a starving student ride it? :eyebrows:

·
Registered
75 Posts