Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up at the Streets of Willow on 01-19, and spotted a couple of Cycle World riders/writers sporting some new '04 models. During the morning session, they were sporting a pair of Gixers and a Triumph.

After lunch they brought out the new kid (CBR1000RR) on the block. From what I saw of it; pretty impressive. Looks as though, this was they're first day on it so they didn't want to toss it to hard.

Seemed to have plenty torque, since one of the riders was pulling power wheelies out of the skid pan on to the straight, with out any effort. Once they got into the mix w/ other riders during the sessions, it seemed to hold its own w/ the Gixxer & R1's out in the crowd. Like I said, it seemed as though they just broke it out of the crate, so they didn't seem to push it too hard.

I know most of you guys will want numbers and such, but I thought I'd throw this out as a simple observation...... :idunno:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,711 Posts
Cool. One magazine test mentioned the exhaust note sounded great at full tilt. Did you notice it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
looks like the seat cowls might even be in production already................cool if they are. no waiting. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
This might be dumb, but I hope those aren't real vents, if they are, I hope there's proper "draining methods" to get water out of the tailsection, otherwise there might be problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
what storage?, the only thing under there is the muffler / silencer, hence the venting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
freq said:
what storage?, the only thing under there is the muffler / silencer, hence the venting.
Yeah, there's like enough room in my RR's truck for like an ID and a CC, thats it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
ND4SPD said:
No, but if it's anything like the 600, the battery will get drenched
i understand completely. i know some of the street clowns over at 600rr.net were removing huge chunks of the undertail. when removing the rear seat or cowl you could see straight thru to your feet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
freq said:
seriously, my cell phone barely fits.
When I first got the thing last week, I am thinking... "hmm, lets see what I can fit in here..." Gees, I don't know if I'd wanna put a PCIII back there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
tigerblade said:
Cool. One magazine test mentioned the exhaust note sounded great at full tilt. Did you notice it?
I cant remember what a 929/954 sounded like stock, but the 1000 does have a nice growl to it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Awesome looker. I really like the new MoTeC copy dash. Little tiny complaint, man that rear brake reservoir is in a stupid spot. Why run the thing all the way up to the rear cowl?? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
luvtolean said:
Little tiny complaint, man that rear brake reservoir is in a stupid spot. Why run the thing all the way up to the rear cowl?? :huh:

on that note LTL. what is to stop us/we or the aftermarket from copying what is done with the rear brake reservoirs on late model dirt bikes? wonder if any off the shelf HONDA stuff would swap-in? your thoughts...............anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Since I don't use the rear brake that would work for me, I dunno if it'd bolt up or you'd need to make a bracket. For a rear braker it'd be awful as the fluid would boil quick.

Aftermarket hangers are going to need a tab on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
luvtolean said:
Awesome looker. I really like the new MoTeC copy dash. Little tiny complaint, man that rear brake reservoir is in a stupid spot. Why run the thing all the way up to the rear cowl?? :huh:
I think it's in a great place. Way easier to deal with than the 929. And the longer hose makes it easier to move it around wile working on the rear sets or subframe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
freq said:
i understand completely. i know some of the street clowns over at 600rr.net were removing huge chunks of the undertail. when removing the rear seat or cowl you could see straight thru to your feet.
:banghead: Some of those guys scare me. I can't stand to look at that site more than 1x-2x a week
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
luvtolean said:
Since I don't use the rear brake that would work for me, I dunno if it'd bolt up or you'd need to make a bracket. For a rear braker it'd be awful as the fluid would boil quick.

Aftermarket hangers are going to need a tab on them.

but wouldn't an MXer be just as vulnerable too "cook" the rear brake fluid during a standard moto? i rarely use the rear brake, an occasional hill hold or when riding in the rain. :idunno:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top