Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up. I have a buddy that has a 05 1000 RR and he wants to change the stock exhaust. He just wants a slip-on. I told him I would help him I changed my exhaust on my bike which is under seat. He doesnt know shit about bikes which all the people I ride with dont kno anything. He keeps telling me that in order to change the exhaust the gas tank has to be removed. so the question is does it have to be removed or not?? Also is changing the exhaust a hard job to do. My bike took me about an hour to do.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
You don't need to remove the tank. You do have to remove the lower radiator bolts and swing the radiator forward to reach all of the header bolts.

Is it hard? No. It's pretty much a straight bolt on job. Mine took about 1.5 maybe 2 hours to do but I was installing my PCIII at the same time.

Will it be difficult for someone who doesn't know shit about bikes? Most likely.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
As long as you are more mechaniclly inclined than your dad you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You'll have to remove the valve even if it's only a slip-on. The hardest part is to remove the cable from the actuator. Even that part is not that hard, just need a little more time. No need to remove the tank.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'll have to remove the valve even if it's only a slip-on. The hardest part is to remove the cable from the actuator. Even that part is not that hard, just need a little more time. No need to remove the tank.

yea I know how to remove all of that cause I did it with my bike. thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts