Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my engine is starting to show its age from years of abusive relationships with bad owners and i was considering a rebuild when i happened to see an old streefighters mag under my bathroom sink featuring a '93 blade with an '01 1100xx motor wedged between the frame rails. the article does not go into detail about the swap so I did the web search thing and came up with jack s***, if anybody has seen or more importantly done this swap I would be very interested.:cool:

·
Banned
645 Posts
well this is a many times asked ?. Not sure if it has been done but it is much heavier and less power. You could always swap to a 954 engine(which is what I did and i love it) it bolts right up with no mods.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So my engine is starting to show its age from years of abusive relationships with bad owners and i was considering a rebuild when i happened to see an old streefighters mag under my bathroom sink featuring a '93 blade with an '01 1100xx motor wedged between the frame rails. the article does not go into detail about the swap so I did the web search thing and came up with jack s***, if anybody has seen or more importantly done this swap I would be very interested.:cool:
I wouldn't waste your time with that big heavy lump.
I'm sure you could make it fit but there'd be a fair bit of fabrication involved.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses, I don't know too much about that engine but the bump in displacement seems worth the weight. oh well, was just a thought that came about do to a monster dump in the loo with no new mags to read...........

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
thanks for the responses, I don't know too much about that engine but the bump in displacement seems worth the weight. oh well, was just a thought that came about do to a monster dump in the loo with no new mags to read...........

Yes, you get 200cc more capacity but it doesn't bring enough extra power to warrant the swap.
Dry weight of the 'Bird lump is 83kg for around 150hp I think they put out.
The 929 is 62.1kg for 130hp.
The 954 is 61.2kg for 140hp.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
954 motor sounds good, it bolts in by the looks of it but is the wiring the same? there are a few good used ones for sale close to me so it would save me a rebuild.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet, guess I'm getting a 954 motor. I'm asuming I'll need the 954 ecu? Or do I just need the lump only? I still like the idea of a big displacment engine in the 929 frame but I think your right about the weight.

·
Banned
645 Posts
im using the 929 ecu only thing 954 is the motor it's self. oh and it has a 929 tranny in it with 929 stator and stator cover all fits great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts