Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I had approx. 1500 miles on my bike I took it to be dynoed. It was still stock. The dyno showed 135. After a K&N filter and a full micron exht. with a PC3 I'm running 145 hp. The dyno's printer didn't work at the time but I saw the screen and watched the guy make the run.

I know that this seems to be a little higher than some of the numbers I have seen here. I run a map I loaded from dynojet, its not a custom one. Can this be right or is this guy doing something?

NOTE- My buudy had is gixxer 600 and dynoed the same day right before mine and was running 98hp. I don't by any parts from the guy so I don't know why he would try to rig the dyno run.

·
Registered
210 Posts
All dynos are different but your numbers sound right. My bike dyno'd 135rwhp and 131rwhp on different dynos, different days. The only truely valid comparison is dyno runs done back to back on the same dyno.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I had read some other threads and I was seeing numbers around 137 hp after mods. I didn't know if I was just lucky or what. Its not like I can use all that hp anyway but I'm learning. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Your dyno operator has added a +5 hp fudge factor to the dyno's computer to make him look like a tuning god (so you WILL buy parts from him). :eyebrows:

All kidding aside, you'd likely to get vastly different numbers if you got it dyno'd elsewhere due to that "all dynos are different" thing already mentioned.

If you ever get a chance, do back-to-back dyno runs, one with the stock air filter and one with the K&N (don't change anything else). I'm sure you will be surprised by the outcome.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete said:
If you ever get a chance, do back-to-back dyno runs, one with the stock air filter and one with the K&N (don't change anything else). I'm sure you will be surprised by the outcome.

I keep reading about going back to the stock filter. I think that when my tires get close to the end of wear all go dyno both filters.

Oh, I told him after the second run (had 3) that I always did my own work. His deal is 'Busas anyway.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
fastjester said:
Ok. I had read some other threads and I was seeing numbers around 137 hp after mods. I didn't know if I was just lucky or what. Its not like I can use all that hp anyway but I'm learning. :eyebrows:
Maybe those numbers were for 929s not 954s. My 929 is getting 140 with a full Micron, PCIIIr and a slightly modified airbox.

·
Registered
686 Posts
fastjester said:
After I had approx. 1500 miles on my bike I took it to be dynoed. It was still stock. The dyno showed 135. After a K&N filter and a full micron exht. with a PC3 I'm running 145 hp. The dyno's printer didn't work at the time but I saw the screen and watched the guy make the run.
There was a good article in this month's(June) Sport Rider about how tires affect dyno readings. Since your tires have some miles on them and have shed some weight, it can raise your measured rwhp by around 3hp.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nedro said:
Maybe those numbers were for 929s not 954s. My 929 is getting 140 with a full Micron, PCIIIr and a slightly modified airbox.
Maybe that is what numbers I was looking at.

I was just hopeing my bike was special :(

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Sorry, nothin special, but they're good runners all tuned up. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
sounds about right :clap: I was dynoed 4 weeks ago at 146.3 with a pc3r and a full erion exhaust with a oem filter... i will also have a new custom map done at the end of may and will be using a new oem filter and the k&n filter too see the diffrence... Oh and my race bike has 18k mile on it, and has never had a tune up :eek:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
crazycuRRie said:
sounds about right :clap: I was dynoed 4 weeks ago at 146.3 with a pc3r and a full erion exhaust with a oem filter... i will also have a new custom map done at the end of may and will be using a new oem filter and the k&n filter too see the diffrence... Oh and my race bike has 18k mile on it, and has never had a tune up :eek:
Of course you did. What do you think a tune-up is? Adjusting your fuel delivery perhaps? Throwing in a filter maybe? A set of spark plugs if they really need them? (allthough you don't need to change the spark plugs for a tune-up).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Spot on. They are pretty much the numbers I get here all the time for a 954 with a Serpent system on it and mapped. Although the bikes I did were 130-132 stock. I also did an Arata system and mapping on a 954 last week, it was 132 stock, 148.9 with Arata and mapped. Gotta be happy with that.

Sorry, removed attachment to post it elsewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts