Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 954 back from getting the pc remapped after my hindle instalation.

I started with 135.4 hp which I thought was quite good for a dead standard bike, after the hindle was installed and a zero map in the pc3 it was 146 hp and after remapping it came up to 149.3.

I have only ridden it home from the tuner but it feels pretty strong so far, but I also had the suspension done at the same time,so I was feeling the bike out again rather than just feeling the power.

this is the before any mods and after  the mods dyno runs

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This one shows the dyno runs with the hindle fitted but before and after remapping

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While we had it on the dyno I thought why not see what the flapper actually does, so we tucked under the rubber snorkels and ran it again.

To be honest it made very little difference, well not at 100% throttle any way, it may show some difference on the street using lesser throttle openings? I'm going to leave it there, well for now anyway, we did not adjust the fuel mixture to allow for the flapper mod, but looking at the graph it did not need much adjusting

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last one

We also decided to see what different fuel/air mixtures worked.
I always beleived 12.6:1 was the best for making power, but after running several mixtures to see what effect it had on power, I was surprised to see 13.1:1 slightly better than 12.6:1.
The chart shows them almost identical except for a slight bit at the top.

The dyno he used is a dynojet (not sure of model) and he uses the tuning link software. The room it is housed in has a huge fan (approx 5&#39 to keep air moving in and out of the room.
The tuner (Phil Tainton) runs, operates, and spanners the Australian Suzuki race team.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I have to ask one question. Was the pair valve blocked off and sealed before running these tests?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Great numbers.  Better than my Arata @ 140.x  My stock rwhp was 128, much lower than yours.  But the hindle did you right.

·
Registered
595 Posts
sweetonion : Congratulations!  I think your bike is probably lighter and more powerfull than the new 1000RR.
Can't the man just enjoy the moment without someone raining on his parade?!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
abtech : I have to ask one question.  Was the pair valve blocked off and sealed before running these tests?
yes I blocked it off when I had all the bodywork off to fit the hindle.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MACI4LIFE : Nice numbers!!

You must have gone to the same guy as Zeeman went to for your Dyno runs  
Actually Z's from New South Wales and I'm from Victoria so I'm assuming our tuners are about 850 klms apart

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pczach : Quote (sweetonion @ Sep. 12 2003, 3:43pm)Congratulations!  I think your bike is probably lighter and more powerfull than the new 1000RR.
Can't the man just enjoy the moment without someone raining on his parade?!

Actually you may be correct, as the hindle saved me 10 pounds and has gained me nearly 15 hp at the back wheel which is probably like 18 - 20 at the crank and now the suspension has been fitted with ohlins internals, I don't need to (or can afford ) update to a new model .

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I asked about the pair valve because of your results with the A/F ratios. I don't see anything strange at all about your HP figures, especially considering it is a 954.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Rat
I was reading a back issue of AMCN (freebies from the expo)and they were doing the master bike shoot out
The stock 54 provided by honda was 149hp STOCK!
Which begs the Q WTF would they have done to it
I've got the mag if you want a read

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Will : Rat
I was reading a back issue of AMCN (freebies from the expo)and they were doing the master bike shoot out
Is it the one where they are testing it against the 03 gixxer, ZX9 and R1? It was written down as 128 rear wheel HP in the mag I have...

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Awesome numbers ratter!!! WIll have to dig my map out and see where the 954's extra capacity betters my old 929. I bet your mid range is nicer, though the top is identical. Had my 929 survived, I think I woul dbe keeping it a long time, and doing suspension mods rather than an 04.

Top stuff, sounds hot too, huh???

Z...

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will : Rat
most the stock blades, dyno in the 120's at the back wheel so I don't know how they would have got 149 unless they had a dyno that had a programme to guesstimate crank horse power

1 - 20 of 54 Posts