Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
thanks for the answer, i forgot about tire circumference!! I know when i use that gearing calculator they do ask for the tire size when making calculations.. :thumb:
And if you go out and measure the circumference of your tyre you'll find it's slightly different to what it calculates to.
17" wheel is nominally 432mm diameter (strangely, I've never actually measured one).
190/50 calculates at 1953mm.
180/55 calculates at 1979mm.

I measured new Supercorsa 3's last year.
180/55-17 is 2010mm at 40psi cold.
190/50-17 is 1970mm at 40psi cold.

Worn or underinflated tyres would be smaller still.
I wear one-sixth of the rear tyre mass away from new - that's a kg of rubber.

·
Registered
511 Posts
my worn, soon to be replaced DCIII 190/55 -17 measures 1994 mm at 35 psi cold

the GC lists a default 190/55-17 at 2013.2 mm

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm running a 15/45 on my 929. I was at 15/46 before the new chain and sprockets. I can't really tell much of a difference between the two. I find that the new chain made the bike wheelie much easier. In first it comes up every time I'm at full throttle. The front end is also very light at WOT in second and third as well. As far as mods go my bike is stock other than a no name can. At a 6000rpm first gear roll I can stay side by side with my buddy on his busa until about 10,000rpm in 4th. I was impressed because he is running a full exhaust, air block offs and a tre. I do have a weight advantage though with both the bike and me...lol

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
At a 6000rpm first gear roll I can stay side by side with my buddy on his busa until about 10,000rpm in 4th.
I've only ridden with a few Busa's and none have impressed me powerwise.
Aerodynamically though, at really high speeds they start pulling away.
The butt dyno certainly makes the Busa "feel" fast but I don't think the measurable difference is all that great - mainly due to its enormous weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 01 cbr 929 im turning into a stuntbike pic was after i wrapped it i rebuilt alot of her and when i run her i try to wheelie and the chain just clinks rear sprocket is ate up lol but what would anyone recommend stunt sprocket/teeth wise? I still want to have it street legal tho so i dont want to go crazy

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.