Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this swap gives you as in advantage? I bought my bike 01 929rr previously modded and im just now having time to take it apart for paint and the front has 15teeth and rear 45 with a kt chain. I'm just wondering whats the advantage of having this. Thanks sorry just a NEWB

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It'll give a bit quicker acceleration than the stock. (not an increase in hp). For any given gear and speed, the rpms will be higher that at the stock gearing. For the 929, I think that gearing is perfect. I have 15/44, another good choice. The stock gearing is too tall, in my opinion.

·
Registered
75 Posts
basically you are trading top speed for acceleration when you go to 15/45...and your speedo will be a little off...but they are never that accurate to begin with :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Stock gearing on 929 definitely too tall for my taste. Im at 15/45 now and it is much more lively around town. Highway cruising is at higher RPM, but now if you really flog it open it will accelerate noticeably faster. Also better if you ever have a mind to do "slow races"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bringing this thread back. Doing some work on my 929 before DBBW 2014. I am looking to -1/+2 520 conversion. Now what length chain should i be using 108??

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Bringing this thread back. Doing some work on my 929 before DBBW 2014. I am looking to -1/+2 520 conversion. Now what length chain should i be using 108??

-1/+2 you should be fine with the stock chain length.
But it's never a bad idea to order long and cut it to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts