Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 530RK chain with 15/43 AFAM sprockets.

Could I have installed one less link in my chain to shorten the weelbase, the chain ajuster is half way with everything new?

I did a top end run and my bike toped off at 177mph hitting rev limitter. I have no speddo ajuster so spedo is off, but is the 15t a little to much on the power side, If my goal is max power/speed, shoul I try another setup such as 16/45? :idunno:

No civils where put at risk during this test. :D Did not do it on the streets. :nono:

Thanks.

btw I am correct by saying that the actual top speed was 177mph -12%=156mph ?

Isn't the top speed supposed to be around 176mph? I have already seen 173mph with stock sprocket.

All info gattered here is for track purpuse only. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
l'timbré said:
I did a top end run and my bike toped off at 177mph hitting rev limitter. I have no speddo ajuster so spedo is off, but is the 15t a little to much on the power side, If my goal is max power/speed, shoul I try another setup such as 16/45? :idunno:

I was told dropping one in the front was about the same as adding 2 (2.5) in the rear.... power wise but it was supposed to give you more top end

I also though bigger rears = more torque and a lower top end speed

Some one just in and correct me if i'm wrong :eyebrows:

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
With the 15t, your max speed will decrease a hair. If you go up in the back, it will decrease some more. Your 15t front just gives you a little more pull, and theres no need to shorten the chain. The axle is fine where it is.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thaught -1 front = +3 rear so if this is right, keeping the 16 front and adding 2 to the rear, would not be as ''radical'' as -1 front.

The axle is fine in the center but I prefer the shorter weelbase for faster turns. Would -1 link fit with 15/43?

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
l'timbré said:
I thaught -1 front = +3 rear so if this is right, keeping the 16 front and adding 2 to the rear, would not be as ''radical'' as -1 front.

The axle is fine in the center but I prefer the shorter weelbase for faster turns. Would -1 link fit with 15/43?

Either way, its a difference that you will notice, atleast I did, and many others on here have said the same thing. I think -1 front is more like +2 rear, but many people do both.....I only went up 1 in the rear, so -1 front +1 rear because in the 1/4, I'll probably top out if spraying....I think Sonicbomb does top out in the 1/4.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I've been told -1 in front is like +3 in rear maybe even a little more (not quite 4 but between them)

·
Registered
232 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Either way, its a difference that you will notice, atleast I did, and many others on here have said the same thing. I think -1 front is more like +2 rear, but many people do both.....I only went up 1 in the rear, so -1 front +1 rear because in the 1/4, I'll probably top out if spraying....I think Sonicbomb does top out in the 1/4.
Yes I top out in the 1/4 with -1/+2 (15/45) top speed on my bike is only 156mph but I do it in 1/4 mile :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sonicsbomb said:
Yes I top out in the 1/4 with -1/+2 (15/45) top speed on my bike is only 156mph but I do it in 1/4 mile :evilaugh:

do you have a yellow box if not what is your speedo reading? I presume the 156 mph is the readings from the strip.

·
Registered
232 Posts
l'timbré said:
do you have a yellow box if not what is your speedo reading? I presume the 156 mph is the readings from the strip.
no box, but I think actual speedo reads like 165 or so not real sure don`t pay to much attention to it but I think my speedo is like 10 mph off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts