Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of 16.5 wheels for a 929. Does anybody know who offers them?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Who gave you that number? Do you maybe have the number confused with the width of the rim, rather then diameter? Even then it wouldn't be 16.5'

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've heard of them, there is a very good discussion on them on Rogue. Ditto on the GP guys using them, supposedly they give you a much larger side contact patch for cornering.

·
Registered
925 Posts
LTL has a Marcheshini 16.5' they are for slicks--I believe its the rear ONLY---I believe hes trying to sell them too--hes in Fla til Monday--PM him

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike is track only, 16.5 slicks are $75 cheaper....no idea why. They are taller....tire circumfence remains the same.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
any of the big names, marchesini, marvic, dymag, etc I would think...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most of the aftermarket wheels can be bought in 16.5' diameters. And this size will actually INCREASE the choices for tires. Slicks, anyway. I've been wanting 16.5's for my 954 just for this reason, more choices in slicks. BUT... I've yet to buy any. And the reason for the smaller diameter IS BECAUSE they offer a greater contact patch when leaned over.

·
Registered
215 Posts
16.5' is the way to go for a track bike. Problem is they are hard to get. I've been looking for used wheels for a year and haven't found anything except for LTL's wheel, I bought his rear wheel earlier this year (it was a PVM not a 'sini). If you want to buy a new set expect to wait a long time. Check out http://www.ema-usa.com/wheels/wheels.shtml, http://www.tawvehicle.com/march.htm, there's another place in Denver called Rocky Mountain Racing or something like that that's supposed to have the best prices on 'sini's, call Dan Kyle to (he can get anything) but watch out he'll try to sell you some carbon fibre BST's.

edit: while supplies last Dunlop is selling all the remaining 120/60 and 195/60 slicks for $249 a set!! awesome deal.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
HondaGalToo : Well, ya learn something new everyday.  Sounds like they're best suited for racing, not street riding?
There are no 16.5' DOTs that I know of...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can anyone confirm that there are no 16.5 DOTs? Also, ya think these rims would work on different brand bikes with spacers? OZ makes 16.5......I am close to buying a set.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You can only get slicks w/ 16.5' wheels, NO DOTs. Not sure about the compatibility between different bikes. I would think that w/ the correct spacers, cush drive, and brake rotor mounting hole alignment you could swap wheels around, but don't know for sure. It might be hard to get the hardware from a dealer since the manufacturer would rather have you buy a new set of wheels. I had a set of O-Zs on order until LP decided not to import them, bastards!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah, no DOT's in 16.5'. It's hard to even get rains for the racetrack in that size.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually LP was going to sell them but those bastard spaghetti benders at OZ are asking for a min. order of 10!

So I am starting from scratch. Nobody seems to have any brand in stock and leadtimes from Italy are horrible....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts