Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this once awhile back, but didn't get a definitive answer about if it would work for sure with a stock length chain...so here's the question:

I have a 15/44 sprocket combo with the stock 530 chain (stock length chain). Will a 180/55 tire fit, or will I have issues with it rubbing the swingarm?

TIA! :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
HGT-

I'm almost positive that it will fit. Sorry that I cannot give you a more definite answer. You went one down in front so that lengthened the wheelbase a bit, then you went one up in back so that shortened it back. Essentially leaving you right where it should be. So I don't think the 55 profile will rub against your swingarm but this is just my opinion of course. Wish I could be more help.

Thinking of the 180 for track use? Personally I'd like to try a 190/55 sometime.

Hope someone comes along with a better answer :huh:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Scratch. Actually, my wheelbase is very close to stock. According to a chart that Baketech posted awhile back, my wheelbase is 0.02 inches shorter than stock. So, I should be fine, but I was hoping someone with the same sprocket combo and stock chain length has used this tire size. :cool:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I ran 15/44 gearing on my Blade for 3 seasons and never used anything but a 180/55. I did have one Dunlop slick that was out of round hit the swingarm, but never had any problems with the "round" ones . . .

One a related note, I have been using the Bridgestone slicks on the RC and interestingly enough, both their 180 and 190 have the same diameter, just different profiles.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
abtech said:
I ran 15/44 gearing on my Blade for 3 seasons and never used anything but a 180/55. I did have one Dunlop slick that was out of round hit the swingarm, but never had any problems with the "round" ones . . .
Thanks, Ab, and that was with the stock length chain, I presume?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts