Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I'm going to put a lot of kittens to the sword with this one but I always preferred dogs to cat so here goes............

Firstly, I've been offered an almost umlimited supply of race take-off Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa/Rennsport by a local racer. Used for two 8 lap races each (996 Ducati). $70 a pair. Trouble is he only has 180 section rears. Front no problem. The bike is already a quick steering thing, so I'm worried it will be too twitchy with a 180 fitted. Anyone tried a 180 on their Blade? Different profile/height/radius? Happy with Pirelli?

Secondly anyone tried a 012SS front with an 010 rear? I wanted to go the 012SS route but needed a rear in a hurry after a puncture so bought an 010. Front is looking 'distressed' so needs replacing. Good time to fit an 012SS. Note I'm not talinhg about the standard 012 but the sticky SS version.

Advice please. Ta.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
On the SC's it will depend on how badly they are shagged.

I've them on the Duc right now and they are pretty nifty hides (SC1/SC2) but they don't last long and I have been warned to NOT ride with them in the rain.

Of course, YMMV.

I also run a 180 section on the back (even though the bike calls for a 190).

Can't comment on the 012ss but I've run the 010's on a couple of bikes and they were a good street tire.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've the 180 010 and 012ss on the front and I would recommend it if you liked the 010 front and back. I did this to hopefully not slide the front too often and so far it has worked. But I only have approx 800 miles on this set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, how often are you planning to mount tires ? seems like a lot of work to get a heat cycled tire with a wear pattern that doesn't match your bike. I'd think that would be a bigger problem than the tires original profile. I'd say spend the extra $100 on a sportec and change it 1 ~ 2 a season.

look at it as $ per mile and the choice should be easy which ever you choose since 012/M1/Corsa are all very good and practicly equal on the street.

I have the rensports and while I think they're awesome, unless you're fast and on the track they're over kill and expensive.

my $.02

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the 190- 012ss on the rear and LOVE it.

But, I think I will have to say my next set of tires will be M1's. Although the rear is STICKY as hell, the stock front tire has a little to be desired.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I run the street compound rennsports with a 180 rear and I'm very happy with them. I think the narrower rear is offset somewhat by the more rounded profile. I also have a steering damper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts