Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever run at 190/55?

Input on how it handled? I used one (Supercorsica Pro) on an 01 ZX-9R and it handled well, really well, like scraping peg well (on the 9).

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I dont know from experience but i hear that the blade has some happy movements from the front end as it is while stock. So i would say that a 190/55 is going to make it a little bit more nervous at the front end. 2 cents

·
Registered
40 Posts
around here a lot of riders use it since is more agile with no problems
the only problem is that they are not street legal in italy :) on most of the bikes
and plenty of them go with the 180 rear tire for the agility

·
Registered
196 Posts
Be careful that the taller profile doesnt interfere with the swingarm or murguard.

Also the taller profile will in effect raise the back end up 5mm which will make your bike turn in noticeable faster. This may make the bike unstable if you have already dropped the forks to sharpen up the steering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found the stock 190/50 on my 929 was as stable as anything, would hold the line like rails - it has to be for the steady riders. Put a 190/55 and it made quite a difference. Ride height is noticably higher and it steers real sharp and light, got to keep the power on through the bends otherwise it feels like it's falling in, but I love it! Definitely leans more easily, I wouldn't say flighty but it's made the bike very light. No adjustments to chain or whatever needed, just adjust the chain when the tyre's fitted. My suspension is stock.

All I can say is if you can get a part worn 190/55 try it. Got pirelli supercorsa pro sc2 and can't fault them.

Heidi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts