Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

http://lookpic.com/c1/i2/2453/nAdCTvc.png
Electrical diagram for CB100

I've got a 1971 CB100K1 that runs like a champ without lights on, but if I turn them on and keep them on my bike sputters out to a stall (unless I kill the lights prior to). Now, I bought, charged, and installed a new battery already- so it can't be the problem.

My father, who is an electrician, checked the wiring and he said it looked fine. The ground we checked seemed fine as well. When we idled it and checked the voltage, (it's a 6v battery), it would idle on start at 6.5, with a minor rev, we would juice it up to 7.5v, but as soon as we would turn on any of the lights, the voltage would drop a full unit back to 6.4ish.

" The charging system is an A.C. generator (magnetic single phase A.C. generator) which consists of stator and rotor. The A.C. generator is rectified by the selenium rectifier and is used to charge the battery."

Also, when I'm riding around for around 10 min and then execute a headlight, it'll run fine, as long as I continue to travel at a decent speed (40ishmph).

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will need to check the output under load from the alternator, perhaps a visit to a Auto electrician may be the best way to track down the problem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm betting you have a wire grounding on something. Shouldn't be that hard to locate if you check the wiring from the headlights and blinkers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts