Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I need some opinions! A friend of mine is selling a 77 CB750 Hondamatic for 1500 bucks. It's in fair condition, not bad of shape considering how old it is. I did some of my own research on "Hondamatics" I love old Hondas. Is this a bike worth buying? I think it would be neat to own.

I saw the bike in person, everything works, signals, lights etc. The only thing is that it has a rough idle. I touched all four headers quickly after it idled. One was cold, so I'm thinking the carbs need some cleaning.. Could it be something else causing the problem? :idunno:

Some help would be great! Thank you!:smilebig:

00l0l_iU4wyOZDRMA_600x450.jpg

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I need some opinions! A friend of mine is selling a 77 CB750 Hondamatic for 1500 bucks. It's in fair condition, not bad of shape considering how old it is. I did some of my own research on "Hondamatics" I love old Hondas. Is this a bike worth buying? I think it would be neat to own.

I saw the bike in person, everything works, signals, lights etc. The only thing is that it has a rough idle. I touched all four headers quickly after it idled. One was cold, so I'm thinking the carbs need some cleaning.. Could it be something else causing the problem? :idunno:

Some help would be great! Thank you!:smilebig:

View attachment 57838

I would agree that the carburetor is probably blocked.
Off the top of my head the only other problems I can think of that would cause one cylinder to run cold are loose/bad plug lead, loose/bad plug, valve clearance too tight or bent/burnt valves or missing valve adjuster screw, air intake leak, broken ring, holed piston or bent/broken rod. All are easy to check for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts