Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to motorcycles and all... I have a few questions:

the bike is cm-185T '78 honda twinstar... It was sitting in my parents garage for 30+ years , until I got it as a gift.

there are some concerns I have with it though. Whenever I let go of the throttle , it makes a clanging noise , I read somewhere that it might be something with the chain.

the throttle feels like its gummed up.. When I twist it , sometimes it wont let any gas through... not sure whats up with that...

when ever i pull in the clutch and start downshifting when im coming to a stop , the gears slam really hard and sometimes they get stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear

sometimes the bike outright stalls , and sometimes later on in the day, it will run perfectly

the only things ive done to the bike are : having carburetor and gas tank cleaned from rust.. Spark plugs too

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello, I'm new to motorcycles and all... I have a few questions:

the bike is cm-185T '78 honda twinstar... It was sitting in my parents garage for 30+ years , until I got it as a gift.

there are some concerns I have with it though. Whenever I let go of the throttle , it makes a clanging noise , I read somewhere that it might be something with the chain.
Is the chain too loose?

the throttle feels like its gummed up.. When I twist it , sometimes it wont let any gas through... not sure whats up with that...
Have you checked that the carburetor slide is operating properly?
If it's not letting fuel through then it needs cleaning.

when ever i pull in the clutch and start downshifting when im coming to a stop , the gears slam really hard and sometimes they get stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear

sometimes the bike outright stalls , and sometimes later on in the day, it will run perfectly

the only things ive done to the bike are : having carburetor and gas tank cleaned from rust.. Spark plugs too

Is the clutch disengaging properly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts