Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a totally new rider who knows nothing about bikes and I wonder if these things about my bike are normal:

• The SLIGHTEST movement of my right hand drastically increases/decreases speed. So slight that the amount my hand involuntarily moves when I go over a bump can jerk me forward or back because of the drastic speed change.
  • The inside of my right leg (just below my knee) has a perpetual burn from the heat of the engine even though I'm always wearing jeans. It doesn't happen on the left leg because the engine isn't perfectly centered.
  • The clutch works properly, but the lever moves up/down freely as if its loose even though the pull and release are tight.
  • I'm having difficulty getting into neutral if not going fast enough at the time. Rolling to a stop light is fast enough, but rolling into a parking spot isn't.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm a totally new rider who knows nothing about bikes and I wonder if these things about my bike are normal:

• The SLIGHTEST movement of my right hand drastically increases/decreases speed. So slight that the amount my hand involuntarily moves when I go over a bump can jerk me forward or back because of the drastic speed change.
  • The inside of my right leg (just below my knee) has a perpetual burn from the heat of the engine even though I'm always wearing jeans. It doesn't happen on the left leg because the engine isn't perfectly centered.
  • The clutch works properly, but the lever moves up/down freely as if its loose even though the pull and release are tight.
  • I'm having difficulty getting into neutral if not going fast enough at the time. Rolling to a stop light is fast enough, but rolling into a parking spot isn't.

All sounds normal other than the neutral.
Why are you trying to find neutral while you're still moving?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get into neutral at all once I've stopped, so the only time I can do it is if I'm still rolling. The faster I'm rolling, the easier it is to hit neutral.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I can't get into neutral at all once I've stopped, so the only time I can do it is if I'm still rolling. The faster I'm rolling, the easier it is to hit neutral.

Your clutch cable needs adjusting then is my guess.
There is an adjuster and locknut on the cable at the lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts