Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks! I've got the aforementioned bike but it needs a few things that I can't seem to find on parts websites or ebay:

Right mirror assembly
Left side cover
Left front turn signal assembly
Windshield (unless you know how to take out the billion little cracks from UV radiation or whatever caused it)
Mufflers for both sides (doesn't run right with short pipes from previous owner)
Ignition assembly (mainly for the gas tank cap)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey there folks! I've got the aforementioned bike but it needs a few things that I can't seem to find on parts websites or ebay:

Right mirror assembly
Left side cover
Left front turn signal assembly
Windshield (unless you know how to take out the billion little cracks from UV radiation or whatever caused it)
Mufflers for both sides (doesn't run right with short pipes from previous owner)
Ignition assembly (mainly for the gas tank cap)

What does ISO mean?
I would think eveything except the side cover would be a simple matter of fitting non-original parts. Aren't the mirrors and indicators available as identical aftermarket items? And a keyless fuel cap shouldn't be a problem?
Unless you're trying to keep it original?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ISO- in search of?:idunno:
Maybe :)
I thought it was part of the bike designation :)
I'll ask a mate today if he has any parts that might help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ISO- in search of?:idunno:
Bingo

Anyways, no, unfortunately NONE of that can be found in aftermarket parts from my understanding. I actually talked to a guy earlier today that has a pair of mirrors but I'm still looking for the other stuff. I don't need the mufflers actually now that I think about it.

Basically, the two hardest things to find (mirrors/turn signal) are attached to the fairing, so they're not normal handlebar attachments..

Many thanks for any help!
Z

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Bingo

Anyways, no, unfortunately NONE of that can be found in aftermarket parts from my understanding. I actually talked to a guy earlier today that has a pair of mirrors but I'm still looking for the other stuff. I don't need the mufflers actually now that I think about it.

Basically, the two hardest things to find (mirrors/turn signal) are attached to the fairing, so they're not normal handlebar attachments..

Many thanks for any help!
Z

Are you wanting "identical to OEM" parts for those that aren't available OEM?
Indicators and mirrors I'm sure there are dozens if not hundreds that you could use as long as they don't need to look original.
Likewise, mufflers could come off just about anything.
Are these items any different to those from the normally-aspirated CX5?

Mirrors something like these?
Pair Black Mirrors - Honda CX500 CX650 CMX250 $: eBay Motors (item 370393671958 end time Aug-07-10 19:52:44 PDT)

Original front indicators are more difficult but there were a few bikes of that era with similar designs so maybe something else can be modified to fit.

For the side cover you could try emailing these guys, they may be able to make it for you or advise you of who can - Linkpage - Classic Motorcycle Bodywork - Fairings, Tanks and Seats

Or these guys - Replico Fibreglass Motorcycle Products Price List

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See, that's just it, I know that there were TONS of cx500s produced but they barely kept the frame the same with the turbo, much less anything else. I've attached pictures of the cx500 turbo and the same year cx500. The turn signals and mirrors are unique to this bike and maybe the '83 CX650 turbo. I don't care if they're not exact but they do need to mount correctly and that's really the main problem.

I will check those links out, much appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts