Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam turning my 1983 CB1000 c into a cafe racers style motorcycle and I want to do an entire front end swap off a new motorcycle. Does anyone know of a later motorcycle such as CBR with dual disc brakes that will fit my bike.

I am only finding information on the fork tubues but I want to change over the entire assembly.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Iam turning my 1983 CB1000 c into a cafe racers style motorcycle and I want to do an entire front end swap off a new motorcycle. Does anyone know of a later motorcycle such as CBR with dual disc brakes that will fit my bike.

I am only finding information on the fork tubues but I want to change over the entire assembly.
Anything will fit if you're willing to make it fit.
How long are the original forks from axle centre to top of the upper clamp?
Most sportsbike forks are likely to be too short I would think - most aren't much longer than 700mm.
Perhaps Bandit 1200 would be a good choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The bike is in Pittsburgh where I live and I am out in Phoenix until Tuesday ill shot over some measurements then.

I really want to give it a more aggressive look. I am stripping the entire bike and doing a complete rebuild. Its my winter project and needs to be ready for spring. I appreciate any adivce.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
there are two ways i have seen it done on the cb f not the c. the first is to bore the original triple clamps larger to accept newer fork tubes. the second is making a custom steering stem and using the entire front end. if you pm me ur email i have some sites u can research on. or email me bdon64 at gmail dot com.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
there are two ways i have seen it done on the cb f not the c. the first is to bore the original triple clamps larger to accept newer fork tubes. the second is making a custom steering stem and using the entire front end. if you pm me ur email i have some sites u can research on. or email me bdon64 at gmail dot com.

The usual method is to take the original steering stem and fit it to the new lower clamp you want to use. This sometimes requires machining it to length as well though. I did this to put an '04 GSXR600 front end on my ZX6R. You may also have to fabricate or modify the lock stops to suit.

·
Registered
1 Posts

hello i also have a 1983 cb 1000 custom and looking for a shortie front end look to convert to cafe racer if you have reference sites to research please and thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i also have a 1983 cb 1000 custom and looking for a shortie front end look to convert to cafe racer if you have reference sites to research please and thank you
Did you find a front-end that was easy to swap. I just bought CB1000C and looking for front end I can use. Also, any pics of how bike turned out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts