Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my honda magna 700 running. It's running great however I have a few questions:

1.) Does anyone know a website that I can download a pdf owners manual for free for the magna.
2.) Does anyone know what the lights mean on the instrument panel. I noticed a red light is staying on. But they're not labeled.
3.) My back light tail light is on, but the brake light isn't coming on when I hit the front or back brake. any suggestions. I checked the fuses they looked good, the bulb seems to be good
4.) Thanks for any help I can get: clap:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I just got my honda magna 700 running. It's running great however I have a few questions:

1.) Does anyone know a website that I can download a pdf owners manual for free for the magna.
2.) Does anyone know what the lights mean on the instrument panel. I noticed a red light is staying on. But they're not labeled.
3.) My back light tail light is on, but the brake light isn't coming on when I hit the front or back brake. any suggestions. I checked the fuses they looked good, the bulb seems to be good
4.) Thanks for any help I can get: clap:

Google should find manuals.
Otherwise - 1986 VF700C Magna Owner Manual - Helm Incorporated

and 1985-1986 VF700C Magna Shop Manual - Helm Incorporated

A red light usually indicates low oil pressure.

Try another bulb - a new one is never a bad thing.
If the bulb is good then I'd be looking at the wiring as it would be unusual for both brake light switches to fail at the same time, but it is possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 86 has 3 red lights on the dash. Low Fuel. Oil & brake light. Very possible that your brake light problem is triggering the dash indicator. If you need to know the layout of the dash indicators; let me know & I'll post it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts