Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the slave cylinder and rubbers that go in and around it. I've also bleed the lines top and bottom a few times. My problem is that the slave cylinder doesn't want to return all the way after about 12 -15 pulls on the clutch during riding. causing the clutch to stay partially or all the way engaged. Could this be that i need to replace the return springs in the clutch, or is it something to do with the master cylinder and lines? If I release pressure on the slave cylinder by opening the bleeder valve the slave cylinder returns back to position and i can continue riding. The bike only has 10xxx miles on it, so the clutch itself shouldn't be bad. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have replaced the slave cylinder and rubbers that go in and around it. I've also bleed the lines top and bottom a few times. My problem is that the slave cylinder doesn't want to return all the way after about 12 -15 pulls on the clutch during riding. causing the clutch to stay partially or all the way engaged. Could this be that i need to replace the return springs in the clutch, or is it something to do with the master cylinder and lines? If I release pressure on the slave cylinder by opening the bleeder valve the slave cylinder returns back to position and i can continue riding. The bike only has 10xxx miles on it, so the clutch itself shouldn't be bad. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
when you rebuilt the master cylinder on the bars..did you get a kit ?..if you got a kit..it shoulda had all the new parts in it ??..spring..seals..and piston..if you only got the seals..then you've been had..you need all new parts..spring..seals..and piston..from what your saying ..it sounds like your return spring is weak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts