Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 90 600 for cheap. Didnt really know much about it but its been sitting in a garage for years. on to trying to get this thing to fire. So far I have put in all new plugs, Changed the oil, cleaned and adjusted carbs (best I can according to the shop manual without it running.) new battery. Also new ignition switch. When It cranks I have spark on all 4 plugs. but It will not catch, most ive got so far is a light backfire and if I hold the choke it'll crank a little faster but not even really sputter. Kinda lost where to go to next? could the timing be that far off somehow, or valves that far out of adjustment? I havent dug that far into a street bike motor before, im used to working on small/big block V8s. Any help is much appriciated. Oh and does anyone know a good place to get parts for these other than fleabay, the cable on the idle adjustment snapped or something, the whole center of it is gone, so for now theres just a screw threaded in so I can adjust it.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Hi , wouldnt have thought the timing would have changed having just sat there , so its back to the carbs I'm afraid, take the carbs off again, spark plugs out , check how wet they are, if need be turn the engine over for a good few seconds hopefully to blow out anything in the cylinders, plugs back in (after a clean) , leave carbs off and try some starter fuel into the open ports to see if it will fire up( only a mist). If you get that to fire then its definitely back to the carbs, they can be a royal pain in the bum:wink
Edit, dont forget to undo the 2 pin connector to the Fuel pump, or else your feet will get covered

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
Did you do a compression check? If not, look for about 160-175 across the board.

And yeah, spray some starting fluid past the butterflies. If it coughs and tries to run, a full carb removal, disassembly, cleaning, is in order.

2CB9276C-10FD-4373-A71E-A593D62DF36C.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts