Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi again,

Just need to ask for some advice from you guys as I'm not too sure whats going on and also what to do.

My son has a 1990 Yamaha RXS100 (Two Stroke) and has something like 26 odd thousand miles on her. We got her out of the garage recently to get him on the road and to clean her up as she hadn't been properly driven for a while now (and had been standing for over 6 months).

I have noticed (and also my son has) that there is a major weak spot when you pull away. Its ok but when your just pulling away at the lights and need a little boost she struggles. Even if you give her a bit of throttle, the revs die down and struggle to pick up until about 4k revs - then she goes for it.

I am thinking it could be the carb gummed up but not sure where to start or what to clean first...

Any help will be appreciated,

Twin

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hunting around the bike trying to find the air box on the spares bike I have but so far I haven't had it off yet - I havent even checked the oil nor the air filter etc - Another thing to add to my list.

Need to re-cover the seat, buy smaller indicators (these things are butt ugly admit it), oil/filter/air filter and general service items then she should be fit for him to drive until he passes his test.

I'll try running it with no air box - will update you guys on Monday once Ive had a chance to take her out... Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts