Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm a proud new owner of a pristine 1993 900RR and just checking in to say hello. Purchased this gem from a friend of mine who has owned it since 1993. He purchased it from the original owner with just over 1000 miles on it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I didn't. It is nearly stock with the exception of a full race exhaust (D&D) and helibars. She sits with just over 14K miles now and is road worthy but does need new tires and fluids. Winter project which seems to be starting sooner then expected as we are getting light snow here in central Minnesota. Been riding for 29+ years now and my daily ride is a 2017 T120 Bonnie which I purchased new. I've had more bikes then I can almost remember and one from just about every category as well. Anyway thats it for now, just wanted to check in and I look forward to contributing here when I can.

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,140 Posts
Well I'm a proud new owner of a pristine 1993 900RR and just checking in to say hello. Purchased this gem from a friend of mine who has owned it since 1993. He purchased it from the original owner with just over 1000 miles on it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I didn't. It is nearly stock with the exception of a full race exhaust (D&D) and helibars. She sits with just over 14K miles now and is road worthy but does need new tires and fluids. Winter project which seems to be starting sooner then expected as we are getting light snow here in central Minnesota. Been riding for 29+ years now and my daily ride is a 2017 T120 Bonnie which I purchased new. I've had more bikes then I can almost remember and one from just about every category as well. Anyway thats it for now, just wanted to check in and I look forward to contributing here when I can.
:welcome:

Sweet Ride!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'll get up some better pics of this monster once we have a little nicer weather in the next few days. It is exceptionally clean!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Gunk, not really trying to brag here but she is really, really clean and I'm happy to have her in my garage. Here are some more pics as promised, finally had a nice day to take her our for a bit and do some photos.....

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
^^^

Interesting comparison, especially for a 'white wheel' devotee like myself:wink
Huh! In '92, I had thought that the FireBlades had black wheels to visually disguise the larger profile tyre on the 16" front wheel.

Comparing those 2 side profile pictures, the black wheels have the opposite effect: the wheels/tyres look "heavy" to me. :nerd

·
Registered
445 Posts
I’ve always preferred the North American version, it just seems to have a bit more attitude, especially with the faux number boards on the tail fairing

In comparison our version looks a bit busy.
Agreed, Gunk. :thumb:

And, IanDoohan's lost love RR-P bike: great colour combination & with the single seat & full number-board is particularly fetching. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Being in the Website Header, I have to say that it is a constant inspiration for me to paint & fit my single seat unit. :grin

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
^^^

Interesting comparison, especially for a 'white wheel' devotee like myself/forums/images/fireblades_toucan/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
Huh! In '92, I had thought that the FireBlades had black wheels to visually disguise the larger profile tyre on the 16" front wheel.

Comparing those 2 side profile pictures, the black wheels have the opposite effect: the wheels/tyres look "heavy" to me. /forums/images/fireblades_toucan/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png
I sort of agree, but it’s black wheels for me, I’m a bit over obsessed with originality.

Really I should buy another scruffy Blade, as part of me would really like a heavily modded and updated 893, a RR-R would be a good candidate with Aprila Ohlins forks, Brembo Brakes and a single seat conversion it would be a great track weapon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gunk,

Thanks for posting the comparison photos, its interesting to see the differences. I would agree that the US version paint is bit more simplified and cleaner, which I prefer. The white rims make a big difference on the overall feel of the wheels. I'm very happy to have it in my garage now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts