Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a brand new OEM upper fairing for my 1993 CBR900RR. Are there any places where cracks develop from vibration? I already had to strengthen the two tail pieces where cracks were starting. I will post pics tomorrow of the fairing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try loosening all bolts and screws. Give everything a gentle push around. Then retighten. Fairings should line up without much trouble. If you need to start bending to get in place then something must give and crack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct. New with stress cracks. I would have exchanged it but there is no guarantee that replacement wouldn't have the same crack and I didn't feel like waiting two weeks.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,984 Posts
Correct. New with stress cracks. I would have exchanged it but there is no guarantee that replacement wouldn't have the same crack and I didn't feel like waiting two weeks.
That sucks. Usually Honda stuff is pretty good with that, but it is 22 years old.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are other tricks I will share in the future. Next time I will go into more detail with the repair. I was in a bit of a hurry this time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts