Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Probably too late now but black pipes are more difficult to keep clean than polished. Just sayin'.;)
You are probably right, but there are some pretty deep dings in the front, was scared ill take too much metal off the pipe to get those back and I wouldn't want to leave them bare to collect grime. I also used to have a mirror finish on my 748 pipes and I felt like I had to polish them after every ride so I have tried black for this bike.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
. . . like yours they were tatty and you don’t see them behind the fairings.
Huh?

If that were the criteria for cleanliness and pristine appearances, there would be millions of 'lady gardens' around the would in various states of unruly neglect!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
So, there were patches of metal, rust and black paint but I don't know what caused the white colour, anyone know better?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So I took the stator and clutch covers off and painted them, pleased with the result! Changed the oil in the process, put the exhaust back on, tank too. It started briefly yesterday but stuttered to a stall.
So I pulled it apart again today and changed the spark plugs. They are a b**** to get to but eventually got them out.
Bike's running good again but I'm not sure what caused the oil foul on the old plugs 🤔 weather the new ones will foul, too.
15905624443251272544588328502711.jpg
15905624687741162306385945827472.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Yeh , the Idling and choke will do that, bet you cant wait to take it for a blast, maybe have another look after that ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Yeh , the Idling and choke will do that, bet you cant wait to take it for a blast, maybe have another look after that ;)
Yeah, will do... Only waiting on the fairings and some oem fasteners... Tracking on the fairings is still at "origin scan" so not sure how much longer... And my oem bits were on back order and the parts shop is saying there are delays at the port. I just want it to be done so bad!
I'll probably just get the carbs tuned at a shop when it's back on the road

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Some of the stuff arrived from Honda today. Still more to come but the order was split because of the delays. The rear Fender piece has until now only been held in place by the weight of the battery 😂

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
... I have been turning the petcock with an adjustable spanner, the two rear tail pieces were not clipped together... Just trying to fix some of the little gremlins caused by missing bits 😊

101 - 120 of 149 Posts