Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Bros,
My 1995 CBR900RR (RRS) is on the way to return to business following a shameful 10 years sleep in the garage.
There are many things to do and I hope I'm on top of them.
Some parts like the headlights have been purchased new, some have been fixed, some will be.
When having the bike well checked as part of the game-plan assessment, I have found that the internal coating I made to the fuel tank is cracked badly (I guess it needed to be submerged with gasoline), beside that, the fuel Petcock thread under the fuel tank is in very bad condition.

I had my share of sorrow with it before and I seek the joy of acquiring a new fuel tank, that is.. I think so.
I seem to be unable to find one (Original or replacement part) and as far as the cost I have no clue.

I would love to have your advise about it, regarding availability and price and actually anything that comes to mind.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi there Bros,
My 1995 CBR900RR (RRS) is on the way to return to business following a shameful 10 years sleep in the garage.
There are many things to do and I hope I'm on top of them.
Some parts like the headlights have been purchased new, some have been fixed, some will be.
When having the bike well checked as part of the game-plan assessment, I have found that the internal coating I made to the fuel tank is cracked badly (I guess it needed to be submerged with gasoline), beside that, the fuel Petcock thread under the fuel tank is in very bad condition.

I had my share of sorrow with it before and I seek the joy of acquiring a new fuel tank, that is.. I think so.
I seem to be unable to find one (Original or replacement part) and as far as the cost I have no clue.

I would love to have your advise about it, regarding availability and price and actually anything that comes to mind.

Thank you very much.
Hi.

Check with David Silver spareparts in England.
I bought some new parts for my CBR954RR for a month ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

Check with David Silver spareparts in England.
I bought some new parts for my CBR954RR for a month ago.

Much obliged Stonemountain, thanks for the lead. (y)
I will take a look right away.
Bar

·
Registered
246 Posts
if you're looking to get moving and not replace with the proper equipment, you could look at a 96-97 tank as well. the 96-97 used a 2 bolt pattern in the front instead of a single but can be made to fit. I believe Ian has done exactly that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you're looking to get moving and not replace with the proper equipment, you could look at a 96-97 tank as well. the 96-97 used a 2 bolt pattern in the front instead of a single but can be made to fit. I believe Ian has done exactly that.
Thanks Skant, I'll have a look and comparison with a 96 Tank. Just might be a solution..

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,610 Posts
Yes I have

Thanks Skant, I'll have a look and comparison with a 96 Tank. Just might be a solution..
Used a 96 Tank on my 93. 2 properly drilled holes in the frame and no sweat. Youll have to delete your fuel pump and run the same fuel tap (petcock) from the 96-99, as it is gravity fed and vacuum operated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts